• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DGADA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2017
    Howell, MI
    I may be able to shed some light on this issue, I am the owner of the listed address, I used to do welding, and I do have an FFL, but, I am in NO way associated with Ultimate Gun Sales. Several weeks ago the ATF contacted me asking if I owned the website as they received a call from an individual saying the owner of the website was trying to get credit card info from them. I looked at the web site and much to my amazement they had my address listed. From what can be gathered, someone somehow got a hold of my license, or at least found that the address matched an ffl, and then setup a website under it.

A facebook search of the name brings up a page, that looks like it's been taken over and used to spam the fake business. Do NOT send this person another penny and if you see them trying to sell, I would let an admin know to flag the post. A search under the number listed on the site, 817-405-7619, shows that a person is trying to sell a Ruger out of CA under the same Ft Worth number. If the OP needs to contact me for any reason or I can be of help, feel free to message me.
    Thank you so much for the insight. The more I talked to ATF agents, it was more clear that a physical address for that website is a real business and may or may have not been aware of their identity being compromised. The first ATF Dallas agent I talked to lived down the street from that address and she actually drove past there and let me know about it.
    I now have the ATF Dallas, National Cyber Crimes division and Arlington PD all informed with all information.
    Haven't heard back from anyone else besides ATF Dallas. But ATF cannot do much for me since there is no physical firearm involved that changed hands. So they said the cyber crimes or the Arlington PD may contact me at some point. However the cash involved is fairly small and I don't expect to hear from them anytime soon.
    People on the forum have been supportive and helpful. I'll definitely keep the forum thread updated with any progress. Thank you.
    Texas SOT

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Paid via MoneyGram so I have the identity of the person who claimed it since they would have had to show a valid ID to pickup the money.

Sometimes homeless and just really guilable folks are used to pick up money from wire services like this. You may have a real name, but their connection to the actual thief may be nothing more then a street level proposition of making a few dollars.

This situation really sucks and I'm sorry for your troubles. We certainly do appreciate you informing the community though and hopefully it saves someone else the loss and aggravation you are going through.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom