• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    Whitesboro, TX
    I ordered my CrossBreed holster Monday so hopefully, I'll have it in 2 or 3 weeks. Like you say, I'll probably end up with a whole box of them before it's over. But...that's half the fun. Thanks again!
    Lynx Defense

lunchbox

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I run a Raven Concelment holster with a M3 light attached I have used it for a year or so and this thing is the Heat.The Malabar Front

I use this with A Glock 23. There product really stands up and they warranty there stuff for Life.

Ah thats what i have been looking for for so long now

now they just need to make a shoulder rig for that holster so i can carry my XDm with TLR1 on my bike

so glad i found this post

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I actually have another issue too. I've always been a Glock shooter (don't hate me!) and this is the first single action semi-auto I've owned. I'm pretty nervous about walking around with it cocked and locked. I can just see the slide lock getting knocked down and me firing it halfway through my draw. I want to feel safe while I'm carrying it; not like I'm going to shoot myself drawing it.

Work on your draw technique (unloaded) at home. Start practice at very low speed so that it's smooth and perfect, then speed it up over time. Make sure to practice keeping your finger off the trigger until you decide to place it there.

Train it so that it's second nature, your finger should be indexed on the side of the frame until you place it there deliberately. Make double sure to practice this going back into the holster. That is when you're likely to shoot yourself by mistake with a GLOCK, IMO.

BTW, a GLOCK is not a single-action or double-action pistol; it's a striker-fired pistol. Single or double means that there is a hammer... there isn't.

dcs12345

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Temple
    I have a iwb from HBE leatherworks, love it and it was at a very good price. Check the website as he has various holsters on sale from time to time.

I also have a rafter-s iwb made from sharkskin. It looks great but is a little thick.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I also have a rafter-s iwb made from sharkskin. It looks great but is a little thick.

That's the #1 complaint about Rafter S. Everything is thick and won't work with most other leather.

As inexpensive as most of their stuff is, I wonder if they use cheaper hides that are just thick, or if they shortcut processing it. Either way for some of the really cool stuff they have, it's awful inexpensive.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    The dilemma with IWBs is the weight (thickness) vs reinforced mouth vs stability/rigidity.

The designe and reinforcement adds overall thickness, but it you get a mouth reinforcement. If you go thinner, it conceals very well, but mouth reinforcement is more difficult to acheive. Also, the thinner the leather, the less rigid it is in regards to form. This allows the holster to literally flex on the belt even though it does utilize the very stable 2 wide-set mounting points. All of importance, height. How high does the holster ride? Some go higher, some go lower.

I'm currently working on redesignining my IWBs and its a balancing act. And I don't think customers truly grasp how difficult it is to build a holster that meets all the 'requirements'.

Currently I'm carrying in a VM2. All my holsters are in a crate in a warehouse in CA with the rest of my shop and household goods. I have my observations about it. It isn't the perfect holster for me, but it is doing the job until I can get my own back on. It is stable. The reinforced mouth is good. It isn't bulky. But, it does ride too high. The holster is too wide for me that it either digs in my hip or the holster is in the wrong position (for draw and concealment).

Anyhow, try out as many holsters as you can get your hands on. What fits one may not fit another. If you get that box-of-holsters overflowing, you can always sell or trade

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Don't think I have seen D. M. Bullard Dual Carry mentioned in this thread. Quality holster (leather) at a great price and made in Azle, Texas. Takes about 10 days to be delivered. I have my PT1911 in one and it is amazing. Gun disappears and is comfortable even when driving the car (truck). Couldn't ask for a better one; now have to have one for the XD9sc-currently using High Noon Split Decision.

Nighthawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Recently got a kirkpatrick Cocealed carry holster, and one of their ranger belts, very nice quality. My sig p228 fits like a glove.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    I use a stingray slide made by Precision Holstering (He usually travels the Texas GS circuit) for my 45, and a new Tagua Gunleather slide for my XDm40. I love the way Slide holsters pull in even a large caliber close to my side. I am still test driving the slide for my XDm40, I love the way it feels, the only problem I am experiencing is, it is really tight to actually holster the gun. I am hoping it will open up a bit over time.

dwayneray64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Holsters

I thik the best conceal holster out there is the galco skyop i have a g23 and a kinber carry ii that i conceal with both with same holster

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    I like my super tuck with the cut away. I have had it a couple weeks and have been wearing it around the house to get used to it and break it in. I got mine in horse leather since its more resistant to sweat, etc. Here are a few pics.

P1010010-1.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Top Bottom