Looking for insight for a HD pump.

Todoubled05

Sep 29, 2008
Sup guys newbie here, first post aswell.

I own a couple firearms .22 Rugar LR and a remington 870 pistol grip (old as shit).

Lately iv been saving for a new 12 guage pump shotty basically for home/vehicle defence.

What I had in mind was a Mossberg 500, or a mossberg 590A1. Im not to sure what the diffrances are between the two so if someone could explain that would be swell.

I like everything about the 500 except for the plastic trigger guard/ trigger. Its light, and, short and sweet.

Whatever HD shotgun I decide to go with Id like to have somekind of retractable stock much like the "knoxxx" i think its called also with a pistol grip.. and preferably a 18.5" barrel..

If you haveany comments on the Mossbergs, throw em at me or if you have any other recommendations lemme hear um.

Thanks alot guys!

Code3GT

Jun 12, 2008
Austin
First off, welcome to the site! You can make a 500 into a tacti-cool HD gun very cheap/easy. Here's mine w/ 18.5" barrel, I added the 590 front stock, M4 style rear stock, sidesaddle and barrel shroud. The 590 is a great gun, but after owning both, I dont think there's an advantage to the 590 other than the few extra rounds it holds.

DSC01185.gif

Todoubled05

Sep 29, 2008
First off, welcome to the site! You can make a 500 into a tacti-cool HD gun very cheap/easy. Here's mine w/ 18.5" barrel, I added the 590 front stock, M4 style rear stock, sidesaddle and barrel shroud. The 590 is a great gun, but after owning both, I dont think there's an advantage to the 590 other than the few extra rounds it holds.

DSC01185.gif
wow thats a badass shotty! is that stock attatched to the pisttol grip?? and where kind i find that exact stock?? thanks for the help

Code3GT

Jun 12, 2008
Austin
Yep, its the M4 style stock with pistol grip and has 6 shell holders (3 on each side) that can be removed (I did). I got that one from Gunbroker for $50 shipped. Just do some searching/browsing on gunbroker, etc. and you'll find em, they're everywhere. I did find the same one at Cabela's not too long ago as well.

Top Bottom