• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todoubled05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Sup guys newbie here, first post aswell.

I own a couple firearms .22 Rugar LR and a remington 870 pistol grip (old as shit).

Lately iv been saving for a new 12 guage pump shotty basically for home/vehicle defence.

What I had in mind was a Mossberg 500, or a mossberg 590A1. Im not to sure what the diffrances are between the two so if someone could explain that would be swell.

I like everything about the 500 except for the plastic trigger guard/ trigger. Its light, and, short and sweet.

Whatever HD shotgun I decide to go with Id like to have somekind of retractable stock much like the "knoxxx" i think its called also with a pistol grip.. and preferably a 18.5" barrel..

If you haveany comments on the Mossbergs, throw em at me or if you have any other recommendations lemme hear um.

Thanks alot guys!
    Venture Surplus ad

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    First off, welcome to the site! You can make a 500 into a tacti-cool HD gun very cheap/easy. Here's mine w/ 18.5" barrel, I added the 590 front stock, M4 style rear stock, sidesaddle and barrel shroud. The 590 is a great gun, but after owning both, I dont think there's an advantage to the 590 other than the few extra rounds it holds.

DSC01185.gif

Todoubled05

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    First off, welcome to the site! You can make a 500 into a tacti-cool HD gun very cheap/easy. Here's mine w/ 18.5" barrel, I added the 590 front stock, M4 style rear stock, sidesaddle and barrel shroud. The 590 is a great gun, but after owning both, I dont think there's an advantage to the 590 other than the few extra rounds it holds.

DSC01185.gif

wow thats a badass shotty! is that stock attatched to the pisttol grip?? and where kind i find that exact stock?? thanks for the help

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Yep, its the M4 style stock with pistol grip and has 6 shell holders (3 on each side) that can be removed (I did). I got that one from Gunbroker for $50 shipped. Just do some searching/browsing on gunbroker, etc. and you'll find em, they're everywhere. I did find the same one at Cabela's not too long ago as well.

Top Bottom