• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I lived right inside the loop were South Main & Buffalo Speedway cross. The 24 hour restaurants right there were the culprits of many an emptying of pistols & revolvers, once all the bars closed and drunks ate.

A friend of mine had a Houston Chronicle route of vending machines & businesses in that area. He never went unarmed, keeping Surbu super shorty handy.

New Years morning around 3:00 am I swear someone with a 7.62 shot 20 aimed shots! Before FLIR on HPD’s helicopter my house would regularly get lit up by their flood light.
    Oh you were right in the crap. We don't get the ghetto bird that often. But we do have tards that think it's fun to "wake up them country white people" (my neighborhood is mostly hispanic) and drive down the streets shooting guns in the air. One did it right in front of my house and almost caught a mag from an AR-15 for their trouble.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I 'adopted' a Blue Heeler dog that was abandoned on the rural road in front of my house. It took to killing neighbor chickens to live. I took it in and when I got the dog used to living here it started after my wife's chickens.

I put the dog in a stock trailer with one of the dead chickens tied to his collar for several days.

Food and water was all he got until the dead chicken rotted enough to fall off the collar.

Washed the dog and let him into the house. (never even looked at another chicken for the rest of his 14 year life)

m4colt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2017
    Plano
    22 LR subsonic, since you dont have a suppressor, use a long barrel that will minimize the report. My brother used a Remington model 572 unsuppressed for years on squirrels for years. Quieter than a pellet gun.

Lazyfaire

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2021
    New Braunfels
    Shooting in a neighborhood (1) is usually illegal. Are you willing to give up your LTC and/or all of your weapons? (2) could cause legal action and lawyer fees. ($$$$)

Instead, use a pellet gun and shoot them EVERY TIME they come into the yard! Every time! They will learn that chickens cause them to get hurt.

Best choice would be to file charges against the owners and get the dogs removed from the county. Every complaint after that would go on the owners record. The only upside I see is that your practical target shooting would improve, but at what cost?

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I 'adopted' a Blue Heeler dog that was abandoned on the rural road in front of my house. It took to killing neighbor chickens to live. I took it in and when I got the dog used to living here it started after my wife's chickens.

I put the dog in a stock trailer with one of the dead chickens tied to his collar for several days.

Food and water was all he got until the dead chicken rotted enough to fall off the collar.

Washed the dog and let him into the house. (never even looked at another chicken for the rest of his 14 year life)
    I think I like the cut of your jib.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Shooting in a neighborhood (1) is usually illegal. Are you willing to give up your LTC and/or all of your weapons? (2) could cause legal action and lawyer fees. ($$$$)

Instead, use a pellet gun and shoot them EVERY TIME they come into the yard! Every time! They will learn that chickens cause them to get hurt.

Best choice would be to file charges against the owners and get the dogs removed from the county. Every complaint after that would go on the owners record. The only upside I see is that your practical target shooting would improve, but at what cost?
    1. It's technically still in the county.
    2. It's not me...
    3. Don't think that's going to work - yet.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    marlin 39a.jpg

One of these.

1634820009856.png

Box of these. When I shoot them I can hear the hammer hitting the firing pin.

Also, this works well too.

1634820120521.png

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I shot an angry feral cat with one of those .22 CCI QUIET. I shot it (head-shot) when it was looking right at me. It ran off and I had to shoot it again because it showed up the next day with a hole in it's mouth into the back of it's head. (busted teeth and it did not look healthy)

Shot it again with a regular .22 LR and ended the misery.

I will not shoot a cat again with a .22 short. (maybe a rat?)

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Watered down 38 special out of a levergun is what I would use. Probably quieter than a .22 lr out of a rifle. Not CCI quiet quiet, but definitely not loud. I shoot them all the time without earpro. Then again I also have tinnitus, so.... yeah.

Top Bottom