• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The Texas Animal Cruelty Law (§ 42.092) defines animal cruelty as any action or neglect that causes unnecessary pain or suffering. Animal cruelty is a felony in Texas and punishable for up to 10 years in prison, with a fine of up to $10,000.
    There's a difference between how I feel (many times towards humans, too) and what would actually be done. The dog should go to jail for animal cruelty against the chickens... but we know that won't happen, either.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Steak marinated in antifreeze.....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
    Bad things happen when you don't know what will eat the bait!!

Rio Grande County Man Pleads Guilty to Poisoning Eagles and Other Wildlife​

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    This sounds like a situation going on in my neighborhood right now. About a month and a half or so ago someone dumped two puppies off. They've been accused of killing some chickens - and they *have* eaten a couple wild ducks. There are some people here out for blood and are quick to say "just shoot them" - my wife and I have been working with animal control to capture these dogs since they were dumped - but because everyone keeps running them off they aren't staying in one place reliably so placing the trap has been difficult.

I've gotten into it on our neighborhood page with some people and have had to point out the applicable penal codes for animal cruelty, reckless discharge of a firearm / discharging a firearm in a platted subdivision because there are people that just want to gun them down as they're walking on the neighborhood streets or if they're seen in the parks.

These dogs have not been aggressive to people - they've just eaten some ducks, a couple rabbits, and they are alleged to have killed some chickens, but no one has proof of the later (there are photos of them eating the ducks)

These dogs have been blamed for a lot of shit they didn't do. They were dumped at the same time Montgomery County's shelter was shut down because of distemper.

Hopefully your family member is able to resolve the issue without needlessly killing the dogs - it sounds like they're just trying to survive like the pups dumped in our neighborhood. We have a home lined up for the dogs in our neighborhood if we can get them captured.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Does this happen at night or day? Is there any pictures as to what it is or whose dog? At night some one will have to set up and observe. Trail cams would help identify.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Very dangerous around children, stupid adults, and non-target animals.
    Two of the three you mentioned concern me. The third?
    1634586265533.gif

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Lever or bolt action 357/38 with a 20" or longer barrel. Use a heavy bullet that stays sub sonic. They aren't very loud at all. Just like a .22 out of a long rifle barrel.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Not sure why a gun shot is such a big deal? I lived inside the loop in Houston and heard shots all the time day and night.

If the shot ain’t directed at me I don’t care! Not sure a single shot would draw much attention most places! Most folks are to busy on their phones to look up!

If y’all’s mind is made up you have to kill a dog, just do it and don’t phuc it up! Y’all already screwed up the shut up part of the deed!

So much of what I have read makes me believe someone has chickens who shouldn’t have them. You mention they have dealt with the other then dogs killing the chickens. Same thing about fortifications to the chicken coop!

Top Bottom