• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    My old BMW needs a complete audio overhaul. The previous owner put in a pretty fancy custom component system, but that was many many years ago. Only two speakers still work... that is if the stereo's fuse hasn't popped. Problem is, I can't make heads or tails of the guy's wiring install. Post up if you've had good experiences with someone in-town. Thanks.
    Capitol Armory ad

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    Been out of the game for years but if you speak to any shops, ask them if they crimp or solder wires together. I used to work in car audio at Circuit City and Best Buy. I would personally go somewhere else. Where? I haven't a clue. You could also check the web for audio forums and see if anyone has experience with your model car. Do you know if the original owner installed an aftermarket amp for the components or did he wire into a factory amp?

ie: if I wanted to replace my speaker, I would have to wire into my factory Bose amp or replace the entire head unit and wire into an aftermarket or wire directly to an aftermarket head unit which would be underpowered and would damage the components in the long run.

Top Bottom