Looking for reliable car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by some Beach, Nov 10, 2009.

1. some Beach

some Beach Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Tomball
    Hey all,
    I'll spare everyone the boring details, here's what's happening: got divorced, can't pay car note, car getting repo'd, looking for basic transportation. Driving a loaner car from friend but need to get out of it soon. I've seen a good number of cars on Craigslist for $1000 to $1500 and I called one guy and he acted like I was bugging him. :gotme:

I'm in NW Houston (Spring / Tomball) area. If you happen to come across a small car, preferably 4-door, that might sell for $1000 to $1500 could you please PM me? Those dog-gone Toyota's and Honda's seem to run forever and I need something reliable because I have my kids every other weekend.

Thanks and God bless everyone.

2. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    PM sent

3. Eli

Eli Well-Known

I sold an exceptionally reliable '97 crown vic interceptor for $1200 a while back. Not the cheapest on fuel - 16-22 MPG - but can be had for less than $1500.

Eli

4. Jason

Jason Well-Known

Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    and safe for kiddos...

5. some Beach

some Beach Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Tomball
    Oh man, someone had to bring up the "safety" issue! :D I agree, that Crown Vic keeps the kids safe (top priority in my life) but those dog gone 4 bangers will run all week on 1 tank of gas. :)

Those Craigslist ads are 50/50 in my opinion. I went and looked at 2 today and both were misrepresented in the ads. No surprise, just a little disappointed.

6. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    www.safercar.gov will give you any needed info on safety ratings. Alot of 4 bangers are built safe as well.

7. some Beach

some Beach Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Tomball
    Thanks for the link! I guess the safety issue is more inherent with any traditional car vs. soccer mom on her cell phone driving an SUV. She runs red light, t-bones a car and everyone inside gets it good. :(