• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    guys i have been looking for the all elusive ruger redhawk 45 long colt in either a 4 or 5.5 inch barrel. man they are like trying to grab a fist full of smoke. If anyone knows of one out there let me know. i would appreciate it.
    Texas SOT

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    They're out there - you just have to look hard. I got lucky and found one NIB on Gunbroker awhile back for a good price - and the gun was actually local - not more than 10 miles away me - go figure! My suggestion is set up a saved search on Gunbroker for something like "Redhawk 45", set it to send you e-mails when something new meeting your search criteria is added, and you might get lucky like I did. Worked for me - I got the email from Gunbroker, clicked the link to the item listing, clicked "Buy it Now" - and viola, happy as a clam! Also, you might try RugerForum.com - one shows up on there from time to time.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    They're out there - you just have to look hard. I got lucky and found one NIB on Gunbroker awhile back for a good price - and the gun was actually local - not more than 10 miles away me - go figure! My suggestion is set up a saved search on Gunbroker for something like "Redhawk 45", set it to send you e-mails when something new meeting your search criteria is added, and you might get lucky like I did. Worked for me - I got the email from Gunbroker, clicked the link to the item listing, clicked "Buy it Now" - and viola, happy as a clam! Also, you might try RugerForum.com - one shows up on there from time to time.

+1. Gunbroker.com is a good place to look.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    just had a response from ruger forum guy wants 850 shipped for a 5.5 inch. Dam Its what i want but seems a little steep. couple of others sent me links to 4 inch for about 650. hate to pass up on the 5.5 but don't have that kind of cash on hand. You figure after shipping and my ffl fees i am going to be a little over 700.00 as is.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Got mine - again NIB - off GunBroker just a few weeks ago for much less than $850! Hang in there and be patient, a good deal is sure to come along if you can wait. I had been shopping for mine for about 6 months before finding it.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    thanks for the advice. i asked Jeff Quinn of GUNBLAST.com if he saw an appreciable difference in the 4 to 5.5 inch barrel. he responded that he saw no real difference other than slight loss in fps. So I may have a line on one (either barrel length) here in the next few days at a local pawn shop. I called by chance and they said that they had a couple that were coming out of pawn. He wouldn't let me try to see and or reserve one as it was their policy and Law (maybe can't remember) that they can only be looked at once they are out of pawn. So pins and needles until this Wednesday. Hope its a good deal.
    My next holy grail will be the ruger 38-40 10mm buckeye convertible as i am a 10mm fan. This one will be a long term search.

One gun at a time.

FDC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    El Paso
    Leadslinger, I'm going to jump on the gunbroker recommendation. While not a .45LC, I found a .44mag 5.5" on there for $530. As I was living in AK at the time, I had plans to use it as a woods gun. What I did not appreciate was the weight of the gun. While it was an absolute breeze to shoot, it was heavy for what it was. A backup gun that only holds 6 rounds. I sold it and switched to a 10mm Glock for backup woods use, and will keep my fun revolvers at the Security Six or my new addiction, K or N frame Smiths.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    well guys just thought i would give everyone a heads up. Can't thank everyone enough for all the help. I work at nights and keep missing super deals on a 5.5 inch but was able to pick up a great deal and weapon from ruger forum dot com. tons of help and tips on guns.

I went with the 4 inch.
    the 4 inch hoot to shot but now i have to get some buffalo bore ammo to see what its really like. i took the gun apart (thanks to youtube and ruger web site) did a mirror polish on all trigger surfaces flitz jewelers polish and felt head on dremmel. now its butter smooth and fully functional. Trigger almost seems lighter but i know thats just cause its smoother to pull.

Still wandering about a lighter hammer spring. I don't want it to be unsafe or loose any reliability,just a bit lighter. anyone have any quality experience they can share?

Now i jsut would like to pick up a ruger 38/40 10mm. I am a huge 10 mm fan. I am even thinking of saving my pennies for a gp 100 357 and having it converted if clements still does it. But on my budget that is going to be way way way way in the future.

I would even sell my saiga 12 ga for either one of those.

thanks again.

Paul

Top Bottom