• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckshot Bill 0715

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    Just had this installed this week. Color daytime cameras with low light night vision. 2 TB DVR. This isn't one of the one you get from the tool outlet store, this is a real commercial grade unit. I replaced my cheap home store one with this and couldn't believe the difference. I even know what cat been sleeping on and scratching my truck at night. When I find some thing that works and won't break my bank account I like pass it on. With what's going on in the country these days I want to see it coming so I can be ready!

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c0a430aba3cf757594459341a&id=363bbf2d1c&e=d228175fc7
    Guns International

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    That's awesome! One of the things that always deterred me from buying one of the DVR type systems is because if the DVR gets smashed, there's no record of what happened. I think I read on that page that it can record up to 120fps? That's pretty impressive and must make for very clear still shots.

Buckshot Bill 0715

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2015
    I like it. It's not like watching TV or anything but it's got a good picture. I was amazed at how much goes on around the house every day. 1 camera gets the sidewalk and part of the road in front of the house. I even got to watch the garbage collectors abuse my trash cans (lol)

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I need to replace my 9 year old 4 camera system. The cameras have quite a bit of burn in, and no longer work well at night. The resolution was never great to begin with. I am looking for an 8-12 camera setup.

Anyone have recommendations? Brands to steer clear of?

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Just had this installed this week. Color daytime cameras with low light night vision. 2 TB DVR. This isn't one of the one you get from the tool outlet store, this is a real commercial grade unit. I replaced my cheap home store one with this and couldn't believe the difference. I even know what cat been sleeping on and scratching my truck at night. When I find some thing that works and won't break my bank account I like pass it on. With what's going on in the country these days I want to see it coming so I can be ready!

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=c0a430aba3cf757594459341a&id=363bbf2d1c&e=d228175fc7

Bill, can you please provide more info? My FIL just asked me to spec him a system. I was going to go the Foscam route, but honestly this looks harder for him to screw up. How do these cameras connect? Do they need power and coax? If they were outside under an eave would they be ok?

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I want a setup that can make a strange somewhat loud noise at the location of the nearest camera that can get a clear shot of the perps... strange loud sound... perps look at camera... camera takes hi-res pic... then instantly emails it to one or more recipients.

Last edited:

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I want a setup that can't make a strange somewhat loud noise at the location of the nearest camera that can get a clear shot of the perps... strange loud sound... perps look at camera... camera takes hi-res pic... then instantly emails it to one or more recipients.

can > can't

No you don't. Too many chances for that to go wrong (hoodie, mask, slow internet, etc.). You do not want he perp knowing he's being watched.

Clem_Haskins

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2015
    I call BS. You have 11 posts, post a link to some no-name website selling what is obviously cheap Chinese trash, make obviously false claims about their specifications (i.e. "commericial grade) while obviously not having a clue as to how to express those superior specifications, nor does the no-name website even bother to mention them, because the Seller (probably you) doesn't even know what they are, much less how to express them to prospective customer. Oh yeah, and the cost is about 3 times what you would normally pay on a reputable site like NewEgg.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I call BS. You have 11 posts, post a link to some no-name website selling what is obviously cheap Chinese trash, make obviously false claims about their specifications (i.e. "commericial grade) while obviously not having a clue as to how to express those superior specifications, nor does the no-name website even bother to mention them, because the Seller (probably you) doesn't even know what they are, much less how to express them to prospective customer. Oh yeah, and the cost is about 3 times what you would normally pay on a reputable site like NewEgg.
    You've got 2 posts....
    We need at least 10 before you can go full blown grumpy.

Relax.
    Take a deep breath.
    Then pop over to the introductions page, when you get a moment, and tell us a bit about yourself.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom