• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MississippiRifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2014
    I realize this is probably a long shot, but I'm starting to run out of time and options.

I'm looking for a shoot location somewhere between or around North DFW and Sherman/Denison for producing short 2-4 minute videos demonstrating various concealed carry gear, accessories, etc. I need a place with a clean backdrop where I can set up multiple cameras and draw from the holster for live fire demonstrations.

I will be doing these on a weekly basis once I get the format squared away with my editor, and the reviews will be on a variety of concealed carry items.

I'm not making much off these pieces, so I'd just as soon not have to go somewhere that my little bit of pay will get eaten up in range fees, memberships and other assorted costs.

I'm more than willing to work something out for the use of the space, to include cleanup and maintenance. I'm pretty handy with all sorts of tools, and have a fairly good battery of various skills that I can put to good use in return for being allowed to shoot.

If anyone has such a place or knows of anyone who might be willing to help me out, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Venture Surplus ad

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    That will be tough to do if you don't want any other shooters present. You are talking about basically having the range to yourself. Forney is not north but it may be your best bet because it is small. Fusion gun range.

You might try the guys up at red river firearms in Sherman. Indoor range and they do events, just not sure if they have a slow enough time to have the range to yourself.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I know that Best of the West has "tactical bays" basically just a berm to yourself for doing drawing from the holster and stuff like that. It is almost like having a range to yourself, especially if you go when it isn't busy because they don't really enforce their time limit then. I've seen people with cameras on tripods there. Kind of far from where you are and you'd have to pay to do it, but I think that might be the best bet, if you could find a place like that.

MississippiRifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2014
    Thanks for the input, guys, I really appreciate it. I'm relatively new to this area, and I kinda figured this would be a difficult proposition, but like I said, I'm more than willing to work with anyone who can let me have enough range time to get 3-5 takes for each shot. It's not that I need the whole range to myself, though; a quiet corner will do on days where they don't have too many customers. I'm definitely not trying to hijack somebody's range.

Top Bottom