• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Anybody know where to buy the als type smoke grenades at? I'm headed up to my parents place in colorado in a month or two and plan on taking the 4 wheeler into the back country and figured it couldn't hurt to have a couple in my bag.
    Guns International

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    Ive never seen that brand smoke for sale personally but have seen lots of other types of smoke emitting devices at gun shows. All colors all sizes. Some of the outputs seemed pretty impressive but I have nothing to compare it to.

Try gun shows, from what I remember the high output ones were pricy. Good hunting and I hope you don't need it..

SiVisPacem

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Austin ASAP
    FYI, the BATFE recently ruled that the fuze used in M-18 smoke grenades was a regulated explosive. I haven't kept up with it, as I haven't been in the market for any, but many, if not most, of the usual dealers stopped selling to civilians. Hopefully, things went back to the way they were, but I wouldn't put much stock in BATFE using common sense.

IIRC, the going price for M-18 (military nomenclature for smoke grenades) grenades was between $45-60.

One more thing. If you are able to find them, be very careful about using them in the mountains of Colorado during the very dry summer. I wouldn't want you to start a multi-hundred acre forest fire simply because you lost your way. As an optional method, for the price of one or two M-18's, you should be able to find a used GPS system. Combine that with a US Geological Survey topographical map of the area and you should be able to find yor way back to civilization. Also, you can find a signalling mirror pretty cheap at most outdoor stores. Make sure you get one with the hole in the center, so you can look through it, in order to aim it. Carry a whistle also, as the sound will carry and can aid searchers in finding you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom