• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Anyone with a lead on where to get any of these style cabinets that arent insanely expensive?
    http://www.reddisplays.com/catalogue/popup.asp?imgversion_id=30&item_id=46&img_no=1&ss=2

46-1.jpg?0.jpg

The Grey ones in the middle.
    Texas SOT

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Yeah, look for used office furniture stores. I picked up a unit that used to be used for storing index cards and it's made a great tool storage unit, once I pulled out a few partitions. An old drafting chair works great for my reloading bench.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Not 5 drawer but price is reasonable.
    Black 3 Drawer Cd, Dvd, Video Game Metal Storage Media Cabinet 21-600 21600
    Ultimate Dvd Cd Storage Cabinet

A bit pricier but still a few options
    CD Storage Cabinets, DVD storage cabinets and Blu-ray storage cabinets in metal locking drawers for home or office

I can try making some calls to some of my storage cabinet distributors on Monday to see what else is out there. Sourcing stuff like this is pretty much what I do on a daily basis.

For anyone wondering, the dimensions are roughly 36" x 36" x 25".

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Those prices are a lot better than the ones I've been finding, but I would like to see what used (in good shape) prices would be. Im going to need 4 or 5 of the 4 drawer. I was finding them for 900 Pounds (British)plus shipping and taxes.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Those prices are a lot better than the ones I've been finding, but I would like to see what used (in good shape) prices would be. Im going to need 4 or 5 of the 4 drawer. I was finding them for 900 Pounds (British)plus shipping and taxes.

Maybe check with a local Gamestop or Hastings to see what they do with their disc storage when they replace them or close a location. I dont foresee there being a huge used market for these outside of corporate chains.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    If you are seeking flat file types of cabinets, check out some of the architects around. Or make friends with somebody that works for the City or County, They are almost always getting rid of older stuff like that. I had a five drawer times two set that I picked up from a City worker that was told to just throw them away. It cost me a twelve pack and five bucks in gas.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    If you are seeking flat file types of cabinets, check out some of the architects around. Or make friends with somebody that works for the City or County, They are almost always getting rid of older stuff like that. I had a five drawer times two set that I picked up from a City worker that was told to just throw them away. It cost me a twelve pack and five bucks in gas.

The flats wouldnt do me any good for what im needing or I would have bought them from an engineering firm that just closed down locally. I have way too many shelves right now that are holding my retro Video Game collection. With these cabinets I could store an entire bookcase of games in 1.5 - 2 drawers.

Top Bottom