Target Sports

Looking for someone who has the right gear and skills to make those custom, hardened foam ear plugs

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POLICESTATE

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 12, 2016
    Wylie, TEXAS
    I know folks like this will set up shop at a gun show, but I'm hoping to meet one somewhere and not have to deal with a gun show and parking, etc. However I need to get these plugs done right. I'm in the DFW area and willing to meet wherever. PM me if you do this kind of work or know anyone who does.
    Lynx Defense

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    Don't know if interested, but I have these custom molded plugs that you can do yourself. If you mess up or don't fit right, just reheat and re-form.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    What Todd said, most any ear doc. can help you out.

I had a set made a few years back, and even though they were molded to me, I found them extremely uncomfortable. Not sure how I could explain it though, except to say the pressure gave me a Nasty headache. More to it, but, that was the gist of it.

Hope you have a better experience than I did.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    So how good do they work?

The one's that I linked work very well, as long as you follow the instructions, which is not that hard. I messed up on my first one, so just reheated and reformed. second one had no issues. These are very comfortable, even if you had to wear them all day.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I bought polymorph thermoplastic beads off ebay, for cheap, and molded my own earplugs.

Dump some beads (I weighed) into a cup of hot water, the white beads turn clear and stick together, pick the glop out with a spoon and stick it in your ear, mold it to fill and let cool to a white solid. Some glops I molded to the ends of a piece of string to keep the finished plugs as a pair.

Top Bottom