Join TexasGunTalk

Looking for West Houston specifics......

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Texas Heat, Dec 22, 2017.

1. mroper

mroper Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I use Matt from second amendment arms and ammo. I think his xfer fess are 10.00 for LTC still. He is on Fry rd a few blocks north of I10. he doesnt have a storefront but he will order just about anything and his prices are good

2. bullgator

bullgator Active Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    I would not purchase anything from Dick's Sporting or Field and Stream due to their recent gun control stand in the Florida Parkland High School shooting. They destroyed all of their AR firearm inventory and will no longer carry any more AR firearms and therefore saying they don't need or want our business and I will comply their corporate stand and encourage all who read this post to do the same or not as that is a personal choice of my own. I do not seem to have a problem of finding firearms, just ammo.

deemus and Frank59 like this.
  3. Texas Heat

Texas Heat Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I'm with you on this. I posted this a while back. I made 2 gun purchases during their 25% off everything sale. I went in on actually the day they pulled the AR stuff and walked around confused as hell. I finally broke down and asked where everything was since I figured they reorganized and the guy behind the counter told me what happened. I can assure you the employees weren't happy about it and we spoke for a minute. We ended on "this isn't good news for you guys" and I left and have never returned and I won't either until their going out of business sale.

Frank59 likes this.
  4. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I switched to agr outdoors since Hotwells stopped transferring

5. outdare

outdare Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jul 24, 2009
    Houston
    Ten ring on Jones rd handles transfers. I think for $20.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. Rusty Gun

Rusty Gun brass picker

Mar 23, 2010
    Gulf coast
    I am not going to participate in this Dick’s mess I cut up my membership card along with a $10.00 coupon they mailed me and mailed it back to them with a note that politely stated they do not have the same position on the second amendment as I do so my business will go elsewhere. I guess they want sell yoga pants and shoes because this stupidity is going to kill their outdoors business.

As to Gun shops that do transfers has anyone been to the new shop on mason yet? Guns unlimited USA at 829 south mason. Lots of accessories and reasonable prices.

7. EZ-E

EZ-E Infidel Patriot

May 4, 2017
    Cypress
    ive purchased 2 weapons over the counter & have had them do 2 FFL's with AGR... no issues with them

8. yakdung

yakdung Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Texas
    I just purchased a gun from Lone Star Defense & Arms. They are in Spring Branch on Long Point, and my new go to gun resource. No FFL transfer fee if you purchase through their website. Kind and very helpful folks. Highly recommended.

Frank59 likes this.
  9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum, yakdung.

10. Frank59

Frank59 Gun Control is a Good Eye and Steady Hand

May 14, 2018
    Houston
    I did an FFL with collectors firearms on Fountain View about three weeks ago! 25 bucks and some pretty cool conversation with a couple of the old timers! I do my indoor range shooting at Top Gun Range on Beverly Hills Street in southwest Houston! They have an online store and also do FFLs! The only reason i didn't use them recently is because they didn't have the firearm i was looking for (Sig P-365) and the place i used (Buds gun store) didn't have them on file as a preferred FFL. I took my LTC class at Top Gun and they have a bad ass gunsmith in house!!