Looking for work as a Commissioned security officer in Austin area

Discussion in 'Job Search' started by Big country, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well after multiple requests for transfers away from my current post and multiple conversations with my higher ups about getting onto an armed site that pays better than the post I'm at now. I'm looking for better paying companies that have a good management staff. I'm a Level three commissioned security officer with SA/STG qualifications. I have done and still do a little armed work so I've got experience. I'm a very reliable and dependable officer with the highest level of training offered by my current employer. I do not have CPR training but I intend to get it. I'm still employed so I'm taking my time and looking for the right pay. I need to be moving into something that pays at least $13.00 per hour to make hanging companies worth my time. I've been working for my current employer for over a year and have been told there will be no raise on the site I'm at and then I get the run around when I try for a transfer, so a good quality management staff is a big factor thank you all and if you know of something pleas let me know.

2. crabbys44

crabbys44 Active Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    Have you looked at AlliedBarton in Austin?

3. crzy_one

crzy_one Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Austin
    This thread is a little old but I just started work with Allied Barton and $13hr is probably not possible with them. Some of the non-commisioned sites are up to $12.75hr if you work graves but I was told that $13 just doesn't exist with them...

4. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    A LITTLE old?

5. scgstuff

scgstuff TGT Addict

Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    It hasn't hit 2 years old....yet. What is the expiration date on old threads? Is reading a thread this old gonna give us some type of ailment?

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Since the OP asked in 2009 about a job, what is the likelyhood this is still relevant? Answering a thread this old is dumb, just as I am for being in this thing.

7. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011

[​IMG]

8. crzy_one

crzy_one Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Austin
    My mistake I saw the date on the reply from May of 2011 and didn't notice the original post date....

Sorry I forced you into reading it and replying...hopefully in time you can forgive me otherwise I am not sure if I will be able carry on...

9. brocknchrist

brocknchrist Active Member

Aug 14, 2011
    south texas
    Glockster his blood is on your hands...

Live, Laugh, Love. If that doesn't work, Load, Aim and Fire. (repeat as necessary)

10. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011
    Blame the witness not the executioner. Bet you voted bho too :p