• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Unless you are in a real hurry, take the time to go through this guy's website and advice:

Honest Gun Safe Reviews, Trusted Since 2013 - Gun Safe Reviews Guy

The more j read the more demoralizing it becomes. I'm not going to be able to afford anything considered decent I guess. However, I am considering saving some more and buying something better if I can manage. Funds are going to be tight though as me and 2 of the kids need lots of dental work right now.

I'll try to find that safe company mentioned above and see if I can find something.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Check estate sales. I scored a huge safe, 1/4 steel body double lined with heat treated steel in hidden locks that can't be drilled. Sucker weighs North of 2500lbs and took a flat bed wrecker to move it. Scored it for $375 because no one could figure out how to move it.
    Deals are out there

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Check Craigslist for them too. I have found several on there. When people are moving and find out what they want to move it they sell it a lot of times. One time someone had just a huge thick steel box welded up with a protected area for a special key lock. I hired a tow truck to take it home for me for $40. About 4x4x5 foot. You could almost step in it. Man was it heavy!

I believe in some kind of security cabinet that keeps them out of sight, kids and petty crooks out, an alarm system of some kind and insurance. I have no collectibles or sentimental guns so just safety and value involved. If someone really wants them or in they are going to get in, given enough time. I have never spent more than $400 for any safe I have had. 2 of the current ones are TL-30 rated. One for documents and one for handguns. Deals are out there if you aren't in a hurry.

fourx4forfun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2021
    Kopperl, TX
    heck, i bought what many would not even consider for their safe just 2 years ago when we moved, in my mind it was still a huge upgrade over the sheet metal one that was using from wally. at least this one has digital lock, much thicker metal, bolts for locking and fire insulated. brand Bighorn Classic, got the company to deliver and bolted to the floor while I was still doing things outside for the move. Ft Knox is a great safe but very expensive and pretty sure my pier and beam foundation is limited on what safe can bring in.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Looked at a local lock and safe company today. They almost have me sold on a American security. It's the toughest for the money so far that's in my price range.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Bigguy49

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2016
    Most gun safes are not really what we in the business would call a safe .But if it comes with a TL rating from UL ,you know that it will hold up to a skilled attack for at least the rated minutes

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom