• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No, fair is whatever a common man is willing to pay in a free and open market. Timex watches do not sell for $10,000 because that would not be a fair price. $1000 per day for a pig hunt is not a fair price.

Which now economics comes into play: Do I hope to sell one for $10,000 or 10,000 for $1?
    Fair is what ever the land owner says is fair. Unless you believe you have a right to the fruits of someone else's labors.
    ARJ Defense ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Fair is whatever the land owner wants to charge.

No, fair is whatever a common man is willing to pay in a free and open market. Timex watches do not sell for $10,000 because that would not be a fair price. $1000 per day for a pig hunt is not a fair price.

Which now economics comes into play: Do I hope to sell one for $10,000 or 10,000 for $1?

Both wrong. Fair is what a seller and a buyer agree too in a free market.

If someone is asking too much, then the market corrects that by not buying it. if buyer is offering too little, seller will not sell. It is a beautful system really. Except when you cannot afford the market price. :-(

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Both wrong. Fair is what a seller and a buyer agree too in a free market.

If someone is asking too much, then the market corrects that by not buying it. if buyer is offering too little, seller will not sell. It is a beautful system really. Except when you cannot afford the market price. :-(
    No that is what I said: "whatever a common man is willing to pay in a free and open market"
    Using it in the tense that its at that point at which a transaction takes place, I could have said it different, but that was the intent.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No that is what I said: "whatever a common man is willing to pay in a free and open market"
    Using it in the tense that its at that point at which a transaction takes place, I could have said it different, but that was the intent.

I think you have a sense of entitlement. If you were to come out and use the equipment we use( average of $10,000 per gun) should I just charge you $1 for the risk of you dropping a piece of equipment that costs more than you make in a month? Property owners can charge whatever they want to. It only has to be "fair" to them. Your wants and perceived needs play no part in it. Life is not fair, get used to it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

It is still wrong.

I am a common man and I am willing to pay $10 for a Ferarri in a free and open market. That does not make $10 a fair price for a Ferarri.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What happens when two common men want to pay different prices for the same item in a free and open market? What is the fair price then?

Don' let your head explode trying to figure it out. :-)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think you have a sense of entitlement.
    Dude you're off on this one. At no point did I get the impression Ole Cowboy felt entitled, nor is he a fool to be parted with his money.

If you were to come out and use the equipment we use( average of $10,000 per gun) should I just charge you $1 for the risk of you dropping a piece of equipment that costs more than you make in a month?
    How did you get the impression OC wanted the landowner to provide the weapons too? I certainly didn't.

Speaking of, are you the landowner your keep referring to and, what clue do you have to OC's income stream?

Property owners can charge whatever they want to. It only has to be "fair" to them. Your wants and perceived needs play no part in it. Life is not fair, get used to it.
    Not even remotely close to what a "fair price" means .... for anything! Geez

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I think you have a sense of entitlement. If you were to come out and use the equipment we use( average of $10,000 per gun) should I just charge you $1 for the risk of you dropping a piece of equipment that costs more than you make in a month? Property owners can charge whatever they want to. It only has to be "fair" to them. Your wants and perceived needs play no part in it. Life is not fair, get used to it.
    Let me get this straight:
    1) I have a sense of entitlement: From reading your diatribe me thinks YOU have a sense of entitlement

2) You average cost per gun is $10,000 and you want to know if I think I should only pay $1 buck: I suspect if you are wanting $10,000 per day for a pig hunt you are mighty impressed with yourself.

3) Owners can charge anything they want: No, they can OFFER at any price they chose, the MARKET will decide on the fair price, NOT the landowner

4) It ONLY has to be fair to the landowner and my wants and needs have no part or play in it, I cannot afford it and life is not fair and I need to get used to it: Very clear you have no real grasp of capitalism at all. Suggest you read 'Minding the Store' by Stanley Marcus and 'The Macintosh Way'/'Selling the Dream' both by Guy Kawasaki, who is a friend of mine. I would lend you my autographed copies but with all those $10,000 guns I am sure you can afford them. I have built more than one company, my first in 1968 and I own one today. I would give you my rules for building successful companies but not sure you have a sufficient grasp to understand. In short the wants and needs of my customers come FIRST, always have, always will. No life is not fair, I learned that long before you were born I am sure, I learned it loading 3500 bale of hay up in a barn on our ranch every year, in the paddies of Vietnam and oh so many places and times in my life, I KNOW it, do YOU? Ohh and my first retirement was in '94 and with my paltry retirement income, YES I can afford your pigs, but me thinks YOU are the PIG if you think its worth that kind of money...LOL

It is still wrong.

I am a common man and I am willing to pay $10 for a Ferarri in a free and open market. That does not make $10 a fair price for a Ferarri.
    The fair price is what the two men agree upon, be it $10 or $1 M. That is the sales price, this is how the price is established, it takes an agreement that conculdes in an "offer" and "acceptance" and money, goods or services to seal the deal.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The fair price is what the two men agree upon, be it $10 or $1 M. That is the sales price, this is how the price is established, it takes an agreement that conculdes in an "offer" and "acceptance" and money, goods or services to seal the deal.

That is what I said in post 82 and you said no.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The Pierce Ranch, between Wharton & El Campo has hog hunts during cool weather, $100/hunt/person. Try the afternoons only, as hogs don't move much in the mornings. Call Rusty Livanec in Wharton, cell # 979-332-0118. Pierce Ranch is a beautiful area of Colorado River bottomlands, with about half hardwood forests, large trees, prairie grain fields, rice fields, and is home to a big cattle operation. Rusty's brother tells me that about 1,200 hogs are taken off annually with no noticeable change in the hog population // hog problem. there are nice motels & restaurants in El Campo, about 4 to 6 minutes from the ranch. I use Vic Desai's "El Campo Best Western", on US 77. The hunts are in commercial deer blinds over corn feeders. If you have a suppressor, It may be possible to kill several hogs at one time. Since they are not "game animals", one can hunt later in the evenings, and no hunting license is required. leVieux

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    The Pierce Ranch, between Wharton & El Campo has hog hunts during cool weather, $100/hunt/person. Try the afternoons only, as hogs don't move much in the mornings. Call Rusty Livanec in Wharton, cell # 979-332-0118. Pierce Ranch is a beautiful area of Colorado River bottomlands, with about half hardwood forests, large trees, prairie grain fields, rice fields, and is home to a big cattle operation. Rusty's brother tells me that about 1,200 hogs are taken off annually with no noticeable change in the hog population // hog problem. there are nice motels & restaurants in El Campo, about 4 to 6 minutes from the ranch. I use Vic Desai's "El Campo Best Western", on US 77. The hunts are in commercial deer blinds over corn feeders. If you have a suppressor, It may be possible to kill several hogs at one time. Since they are not "game animals", one can hunt later in the evenings, and no hunting license is required. leVieux

I'm in Wharton almost every week. This might work...

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Dude you're off on this one. At no point did I get the impression Ole Cowboy felt entitled, nor is he a fool to be parted with his money.

How did you get the impression OC wanted the landowner to provide the weapons too? I certainly didn't.

Speaking of, are you the landowner your keep referring to and, what clue do you have to OC's income stream?

Not even remotely close to what a "fair price" means .... for anything! Geez
    If I am, it is because when someone jumps in and starts talking about "fair to the common man" and other drivel in that vein it shows an entitlement mindset. Like the other posters who use terms like " the land owners think they are part of an elite class" terms straight from the FSA play book.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If I am, it is because when someone jumps in and starts talking about "fair to the common man" and other drivel in that vein it shows an entitlement mindset. Like the other posters who use terms like " the land owners think they are part of an elite class" terms straight from the FSA play book.

Got a point there. It was a kind of revelation when I bought a house. All that crap I thought was stupid when I was a kid about taking care of grass and buildings and fences... it's actually a lot of work and preventing damage and wear saves a lot more effort in the end. Entitlement is what a kid says when he only sees half of stewardship.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Let me get this straight:
    1) I have a sense of entitlement: From reading your diatribe me thinks YOU have a sense of entitlement

2) You average cost per gun is $10,000 and you want to know if I think I should only pay $1 buck: I suspect if you are wanting $10,000 per day for a pig hunt you are mighty impressed with yourself.

3) Owners can charge anything they want: No, they can OFFER at any price they chose, the MARKET will decide on the fair price, NOT the landowner

4) It ONLY has to be fair to the landowner and my wants and needs have no part or play in it, I cannot afford it and life is not fair and I need to get used to it: Very clear you have no real grasp of capitalism at all. Suggest you read 'Minding the Store' by Stanley Marcus and 'The Macintosh Way'/'Selling the Dream' both by Guy Kawasaki, who is a friend of mine. I would lend you my autographed copies but with all those $10,000 guns I am sure you can afford them. I have built more than one company, my first in 1968 and I own one today. I would give you my rules for building successful companies but not sure you have a sufficient grasp to understand. In short the wants and needs of my customers come FIRST, always have, always will. No life is not fair, I learned that long before you were born I am sure, I learned it loading 3500 bale of hay up in a barn on our ranch every year, in the paddies of Vietnam and oh so many places and times in my life, I KNOW it, do YOU? Ohh and my first retirement was in '94 and with my paltry retirement income, YES I can afford your pigs, but me thinks YOU are the PIG if you think its worth that kind of money...LOL

Typical liberal response. Get called out and resort to calling people names. I see you put it in small print.

Top Bottom