• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Am from San Antonio and Canyon Lake area but a good friend live in Bandera and Loves it. Will be looking for a hunting lease, places to hunt and also a place to buy. Any idea on lease costs, the way they work, paid day hunts? Really more of a Hog and coyote hunter than deer, manage a lease here in Fl but know they all seem to work differently. Advice, comments welcome.
    Texas SOT

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    If you find someone to let you blast hogs fir free let me know. My buddy uses the meat. We will gladly dispose of them and take them away. Some jerks just shoot them and let them rot there.

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    I live in Bandera, but since I hunt on my own acreage I cant offer much help.

and from one Vet to another... Thanks for your service

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I do have friends around TX that I can hunt with just looking for my own area should I be able to get onto an affordable lease. Thanks Vec! Mak PM on its way

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    rp- and I are now in agreement.

Yes, I've known those who shoot hogs and let them rot.

It's a shame, but one I understand.

In one instance, it was a state park maintenance man whose park was constantly being destroyed by these bulldozers.

They experienced a flood and the hogs were stranded on an island.

He shot 47 of them and left them.

I found out after the fact or I'd of swam out and harvested at least a couple of them.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Unless I am eradicating they all get eaten so I have done both ways. A lot of the private ranches in TX I have hunted on do not allow others on the property to get the hogs and at 1-5AM few are able to get that remote to pick them up. Here in FL we generally eat them all.

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    rp- and I are now in agreement.

Yes, I've known those who shoot hogs and let them rot.

It's a shame, but one I understand.

In one instance, it was a state park maintenance man whose park was constantly being destroyed by these bulldozers.

They experienced a flood and the hogs were stranded on an island.

He shot 47 of them and left them.

I found out after the fact or I'd of swam out and harvested at least a couple of them.
    I knew we could be buddies ;-) say, what part of town are you in anyways mowerman?

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I guess this is more a done deal now that I got preapproved for a VA home loan, since I am leasing here and it is up in Dec I am hoping to close Oct-Dec after a home is found...Now to find a guy w a truck and large trailer to move me! lol

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I see, when wife and I where younger we moved from Missouri back to California. We sold all but clothes and some small toys for our then three sons. It was quite invigorating to get rid of it all and start over. Good luck on finding a place.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Looks like we have a house lead and a deal in the works for a move in Sept/Oct timeframe just outside Bandera on 2 acres w a house, barn and workshop/garage. Looking forward to getting back to Texas!

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    Looks like we have a house lead and a deal in the works for a move in Sept/Oct timeframe just outside Bandera on 2 acres w a house, barn and workshop/garage. Looking forward to getting back to Texas!

Give me a yell when you get to the area...

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    I sure will

More description: house with a 3 stall barn 24x44, and a air conditioned workshop 24x40 on 2 acres outside of Bandera in Bandera Ranch Acres

Top Bottom