• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Big group of retired folks around here. So you're looking at the end of this year for your move? When do you take possession of your property? I would be nice to use it for a weekend resort to work on it, etc. before you actually move in.
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Well the truth is we are taking possession fully furnished and ready to go, some of the furniture needs to be moved out to get ours in so it will all fit. I am buying it from an old friend who lives there currently so everything should be as it needs to be when we move in. We can close at any date but are in a lease here thru Dec so not to have 2 payments too long we will close and move in Oct is the plan today. We are 15 hrs away so not to practical to visit often.

The big expense will be the move and coordination of vehicles and household goods all getting there in 1 trip. Been trying to find someone off the books for the move instead of licensed movers am afraid our belongings will max out Uhaul's 26' truck, maybe not. But either way we will have folks here and there to load and unload or use a firm of some type. I lived at Canyon Lake and moved here in 2000 so am fairly familiar with the area

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Stuff happens and all plans were dashed, so much for the good buddy....Now looking at a place between New Braunfels and Seguin

Wow. You'd been planning this for a long time for this to fall apart. Sorry.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Yeah, we were devastated but you know some things happen for a reason I guess, certainly hurt the friendship. Wife has family in Houston so this new location is a bit closer and easier for her to go visiting.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Yeah Buddy was getting a divorce but he and the wife made up still said it was ok for the deal then a week later BOOM, sorry deal is OFF. Cannot tell you my anger level inside but I stayed cool, sort of it is just the way it is. If you cannot change it go forward and find something else, still a shi**y way of doing things to a friend.

We do have a property in mind and will be making an offer on it after a bit more due diligence. I am telling you property is moving fast in that whole area! If we make the offer will fill ya'll in on it.

FrankT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Mary Esther FL
    Well this last property was not as advertised so still looking, told the Realtor from College Station to New Braunfels...wish me luck

Top Bottom