Venture Surplus ad

DEAL Looking to rehome my pup. (Taylor, north of Austin)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Pics! Pics!Pics!
    20201021_210240.jpg
    sitting outside with dad.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Dogs are awesome, too many people suck.

Driving home a neighbor's Lab sauntered up the road from the lake. I stopped, opened the door and called Duke. He meandered over, I pet him for a few minutes then . . . smelled my hand. AYK!

Yep, dogs are cool. :)

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Dogs are awesome, too many people suck.

Driving home a neighbor's Lab sauntered up the road from the lake. I stopped, opened the door and called Duke. He meandered over, I pet him for a few minutes then . . . smelled my hand. AYK!

Yep, dogs are cool. :)

Coiled,

Perhaps Duke found a NICE DEAD animal to roll in.

yours, satx

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Bait is most assuredly not missing any meals.
    Or her after walk milk bones.
    Or her bedtime goodies.
    She is pretty good about not eating just to eat. Sometimes I put food out that doesn't get eaten for a day or two. If she is hungry, it's there. Her wieght stays pretty steady about 60 lbs. Except when she had pups. She lost about 15 pounds.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    She is pretty good about not eating just to eat.

My beagle / shepherd mix does not understand this concept. She's on the see food diet so we have to watch her closely. She'll steal everyone's food, unrepentant thief that she is.

My lab / Dalmatian could go for days without eating. We have to bribe her with cheese every once in a while just to make sure she actually eats. She's always been like that. Of course she also will try counter surfing for the tastier vittles if she can reach them.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My beagle / shepherd mix does not understand this concept. She's on the see food diet so we have to watch her closely. She'll steal everyone's food, unrepentant thief that she is.

My lab / Dalmatian could go for days without eating. We have to bribe her with cheese every once in a while just to make sure she actually eats. She's always been like that. Of course she also will try counter surfing for the tastier vittles if she can reach them.

My dog is getting older and only eats every 3-4 days if I put something, like tuna fish, on her food.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I cut my dog's food back by about 15%, but added raw unfiltered goat milk. I put about 2 oz on top of the dry food. She loves it and it makes her coat look like silk. Its supposed to be really good for joint health too.

I have several kids that would take my dog should I pass. She is super sweet with zero aggression of any kind. Likes other dogs and kids too. My 4 yr old grandson loves to bull rush her and tackle her. He laughs his head off and then lays on top of her. She just lays there and wags her tail.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I hear what your saying, but at the same time the thought of the dogs well being is there.
    I get it as well. But as 100% of our dogs are throwaways that are dumped in our area, if they outlive us and go to another home it is still better than the alternative.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    My dogs make me a better human. I love seeing others who rescue. This guy was fixing to be put down for killing chickens. I’ve had many pets and this one is about as good a pet as one could ask for. Everybody is a potential friend to him. He lives for a golf cart ride. Life should be this simple for all of us.

IMG_6642.JPG

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Bait is a Red Nose pit. Her lower jaw is about an inch short. She would rather play with almost anything but will not be bullied. She is ultra careful with puppies and smaller dogs. She will play, even rough play, but goes out of her way not to hurt them.
    Middle boy has a small Dachshund. Youngest boy has 3 mutts, did have 5. Bait is the only one that has not hurt the Dachshund.
    When she had pups, there was one that would play rough enough to draw blood from her. She never even snapped at him.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom