• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    I took my wife to Tactical Firearms last week so she could try several firearms. She really liked the Walther PPS. Looks like that may be in her future. As for myself, thought I also liked it, I am still interested in the P290RS. That day TF gave me a 1st gen P290 to try. It was interesting, but the trigger was so long and stiff it was difficult to shoot accurately - I am mostly used to the single action my sigpro provides.

I've read that the RS has a reduced weight on the trigger, in addition to the restrike feature, and that the grip is enhanced as well. I was hoping someone local has got one and would be willing to let me run a few magazines through it. I'd be happy to bring a couple of boxes of 9mm for the occasion, and pay for lunch as a thank you. :)

Please PM me if you're interested.
    Hurley's Gold

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    Yeah I will try those as well. I really like the way the sig fits in my hand though, when it has the extended magazine. Feels very comfortable, just like my 2022.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    I like the shop, and reading his recant he sounded pretty sincere to me. How's he been in the last 2 years since this occurred?

And the original topic, I am still looking for a range buddy who has a P290RS. :) I have a SigPro that we can shoot too.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Of course he sounded sincere, he stood to lose customers otherwise. I don't know how he's been since and like I said, that may not be the best example of his schmuckedness. Do your own homework and decide for yourself.

I move around the state a fair amount and stop in gun stores based on what I read. I may stop in just to see the place but I will never spend money at Tactical Firearms in Katy TX.

Top Bottom