• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    SBR it and put a folding stock on the beast. That would be a blast.

8NxmHzY.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A friend shoots his Mosin in many NRA 200 yard matches. In prone, his 91/30 full length rifle sends out a fireball that chars any vegetation forward of the muzzle! The Russian M-44 short rifle is even worse! This little guy must be a real flamethrower!

Flash

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Sometimes "just because you can" isn't a good reason to design and build something. This is one of those times. A 7.62x54r pistol just doesn't make any real sense other than "because we could."

That said, I'd still like to shoot it :)

Hate the side effects this is going to have. I probably should have bought a few spam cans, they're already out of stock in all the popular joints.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Sometimes "just because you can" isn't a good reason to design and build something. This is one of those times. A 7.62x54r pistol just doesn't make any real sense other than "because we could."

That said, I'd still like to shoot it :)

Well I don't see it much different from these, well other than it will get cheap ammo banned.
    PTR PDW Semi Automatic Pistol .308 Win/7.62x51 NATO 8.125" Barrel 20 Rounds Machined Butt Cap Black Finish 915300
    DSA SA58 PKP FAL PISTOL .308

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the whole "no AP handgun ammo" thing only apply to rounds that are primarily/exclusively used in pistols?

If I'm wrong, then the 200 rounds of steel-core I have suddenly seems inadequate.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Ban the darned pistols before they get prevalent.
    Maybe that makes too much sense?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the whole "no AP handgun ammo" thing only apply to rounds that are primarily/exclusively used in pistols?

If I'm wrong, then the 200 rounds of steel-core I have suddenly seems inadequate.

According to the rule, it states, ammo that MAY be used in a handgun, not ammo made specifically for a pistol.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/921

(17) (A) The term “ammunition” means ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellent powder designed for use in any firearm.
    (B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means— (i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or
    (ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

(C) The term “armor piercing ammunition” does not include shotgun shot required by Federal or State environmental or game regulations for hunting purposes, a frangible projectile designed for target shooting, a projectile which the Attorney General finds is primarily intended to be used for sporting purposes, or any other projectile or projectile core which the Attorney General finds is intended to be used for industrial purposes, including a charge used in an oil and gas well perforating device.

Last edited:

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Lesser of 2 evils.
    How many people would be affected by banning the pistol?
    How many will be affected by the ammo import ban?

I don't like either option, but you knew that. I hope.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Liberals don't care if their actions make sense or not. Two bunches of the little darlings scurried around to ban rifles in .50BMG. Another bunch banned firearms made from 3D printers. How many crimes were committed with those kinds of firearms? NONE!
    WTH!

Flash

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Liberals don't care if their actions make sense or not. Two bunches of the little darlings scurried around to ban rifles in .50BMG. Another bunch banned firearms made from 3D printers. How many crimes were committed with those kinds of firearms? NONE!
    WTH!

Flash

I am concerned they have figured out we aren't going for another "AWB" so they may just be content to chip away at things over the next few generations. Combine that with rural population decline, demographic changes, decline in families and traditional values and they may get what they want long term unless people wake up.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Rural population decline is reversing. Rapidly. At least it is around here.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom