Looks like someone needs a curb stomp

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Which state was this in?
While she (or anybody else) should not hit him, throttle him, stomp him, throat punch him or crotch-kick him (that is assault), I believe pepper spray is allowed defense for stalkers like this. At least in our great state. Am I wrong?
Just curious, would your idea of how to deal with this same issue change if it were YOUR wife, this idiot was following around and harassing?

At what point does one assume someone could escalate and become a real threat?

I also suspect he would not be as passionate about his wild claims if it were a man that was unmasked.

Legal definition of assault in Texas:

What is legal definition of assault?

Definition. The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

"Application of force" requires only the slightest touch, either directly or indirectly as long as it is done in a harmful or offensive manner. Thus, for example, poking your finger at someone's chest could be an assault. Assault does not require that the touching cause pain or injury of any kind.

Can I punch someone if provoked?

The answer is yes. While it might not be the most common of defenses to assault and battery charges, striking a person before they hit you is a valid legal defense. The reason for this defense is the belief that the accused attacker felt threatened by the person who they struck.

candcallen

Surrounded by chronic terminal phuktardness!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
1632047148459.png

To the guy

1632047191508.png

BBL

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Feb 8, 2021
TX
Just curious, would your idea of how to deal with this same issue change if it were YOUR wife, this idiot was following around and harassing?
No.
She can take care of herself.
If he touched her, he would suffer.

I believe that is subjective and relative to each person. But for me, I am thick skinned so unless somebody is physically assaulting me and only verbally nagging about a mask, I do not consider them a threat. (for clarification: we're talking just a mask-hole nagging situation at a store here, no muggings in a dark parking lot etc)

Also, thank you for the legal definitions of assault etc, I was too lazy to google it.
But you could still end up in front of a jury of your "peers" if you assault someone, even if you think you were in the right. Just because the law says you can does not mean you'll go a free man. Look at Sgt. Perry's manufactured "murder" case. Scary.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.

I also suspect he would not be as passionate about his wild claims if it were a man that was unmasked.

Legal definition of assault in Texas:

What is legal definition of assault?

Definition. The definition of assault varies by jurisdiction, but is generally defined as intentionally putting another person in reasonable apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact. Physical injury is not required.

"Application of force" requires only the slightest touch, either directly or indirectly as long as it is done in a harmful or offensive manner. Thus, for example, poking your finger at someone's chest could be an assault. Assault does not require that the touching cause pain or injury of any kind.

Can I punch someone if provoked?

The answer is yes. While it might not be the most common of defenses to assault and battery charges, striking a person before they hit you is a valid legal defense. The reason for this defense is the belief that the accused attacker felt threatened by the person who they struck.

Remember the woman who shot the peeping tom through the wall.
Reasonable belief supposedly makes it legal.
And he hadn't been yelling at her.

There was no wall separating these two.

candcallen

Surrounded by chronic terminal phuktardness!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Remember the woman who shot the peeping tom through the wall.
Reasonable belief supposedly makes it legal.
And he hadn't been yelling at her.

There was no wall separating these two.
He was in her yard at night peeping in the window.

I'm assuming you were being rhetorical.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Does he even threaten her?

Not meaning to defend that pro masker.

I don't think so.

Did the guy she shot through her wall threaten her?
I mean actually make any threats, other than being there.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Forum statistics