• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Anyone else subscribed to their favorite Youtube channels?

I'm subscribed to several gun channels, Hickok45, Iraqiveteran888, etc. Also to one very prolific automotive channel (Scotty Kilmer). Up until about 3 or 4 days ago I was getting 8, 10, 12 email notifications a day from all my subscribed channels. I think Wednesday or Thursday might have been the last time I received any Youtube notices. I've tried everything I can think of to get them back, to no avail.

Signed in to Youtube and turned all notifications on. Checked each channel individually to be sure I was still subbed and notification bell is turned on. Checked that email address is correct. WTF.

Could Windows Defender or Malware Bytes be blocking the emails? I don't see how. Anyone else having the issue.

ETA: I'm still getting Email from other sources and the YT notifications are not going to spam. If I go to my Youtube account, I see the notifications there, I'm just not getting the email.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Along the same lines, I lost all email notifications from this site (TGT) a long time ago.
    I get notifications from other sites.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    DOH! It's Youtube! According to this creator insider video, YT stopped sending email notifications on Aug 13. WTF?
    Why in hell would I subscribe to a channel if they don't send notifications when a new video is posted?

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So now I'm getting push notifications from Youtube. Those little pop ups at the bottom of screen notifying me of a new video. That's fine if I happen to be on the pc at the time, but they are not persistent notifications. After a few seconds they just go away.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So now I'm getting push notifications from Youtube. Those little pop ups at the bottom of screen notifying me of a new video. That's fine if I happen to be on the pc at the time, but they are not persistent notifications. After a few seconds they just go away.

Well your error is you are supposed to be on social media 24/7 like liberals are.

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I'm subscribed to several gun channels, Hickok45, Iraqiveteran888, etc. Also to one very prolific automotive channel (Scotty Kilmer). Up until about 3 or 4 days ago I was getting 8, 10, 12 email notifications a day from all my subscribed channels. I think Wednesday or Thursday might have been the last time I received any Youtube notices. I've tried everything I can think of to get them back, to no avail.

Signed in to Youtube and turned all notifications on. Checked each channel individually to be sure I was still subbed and notification bell is turned on. Checked that email address is correct. WTF.

Could Windows Defender or Malware Bytes be blocking the emails? I don't see how. Anyone else having the issue.

ETA: I'm still getting Email from other sources and the YT notifications are not going to spam. If I go to my Youtube account, I see the notifications there, I'm just not getting the email.

For a real mechanic who has done everything (with video) here's your guy:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Only notification I get is a number on the bell at the top of the page.
    It covers likes, quotes, or new posts in threads I'm following.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Only notification I get is a number on the bell at the top of the page.
    It covers likes, quotes, or new posts in threads I'm following.
    If you want push notifications, click on the bell and scroll down to preferences. There is an option to turn them on and off. That's how I got here just now. A push notification popped up and I clicked it. Brought me directly to your post

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    So what? How is that a burden on them? Are they losing ad money having to buy stamps to send those emails?.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    One of their arguments is that some folks are complaining that it clutters up their inbox. That's stupid because all they have to do is unsubscribe to the email. There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every notification.

TFH/on/ I think there is something much more sinister going on. TFH/off/

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I think y'all are the only 3 people in the world who want email notifications from youtube. Seriously, I had to create a rule in my email program to send any email from youtube or with youtube in the title straight to the deleted items folder.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I think y'all are the only 3 people in the world who want email notifications from youtube. Seriously, I had to create a rule in my email program to send any email from youtube or with youtube in the title straight to the deleted items folder.
    You couldn't just unsubscribe? Every email gives you the option down at the bottom.

1597673631611.png

Last edited:

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    You couldn't just unsubscribe? Every email gives you the option down at the bottom.

View attachment 224008
    I tried the unsubscribe thing, and making changes to my youtube account settings and everything else I could think of before creating the rule in Outlook. If you do an internet search, you'll find lots of people having the same issues. Obviously it was more than I ever thought since they made the effort to change their notification system.

For what it's worth, I had the same issues with LinkedIn too. I changed my account to a bogus email address, I even closed my account completely trying to stop those constant emails before I set up the same rule in outlook.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    How long before YouTube removes all gun channels? So many here complain about what the government is doing. Our freedoms are in danger by corporate America too. Especially big tech.

Top Bottom