Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Check out how crazy these prices are for used guns right now:
    I see a SIG P229 Legion for $1900. I don't know if that's a good or bad price but I'd be tempted to buy it just to experience the "X-ray night sights" with which it is equipped.

Y'all feel free to make fun of me if "X-ray night sights" are a real thing but I've never heard of them.
    Military Camp

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I see a SIG P229 Legion for $1900. I don't know if that's a good or bad price but I'd be tempted to buy it just to experience the "X-ray night sights" with which it is equipped.

Y'all feel free to make fun of me if "X-ray night sights" are a real thing but I've never heard of them.

It’s CA, but gunbroker has those listed all day long at $1200.

The X-Ray Night Sight is just a 3-dot tritium fiber optic. My WC has the TFO front and blacked out U-notch rear which is starting to really grow on me, but is an adjustment and doesn’t tickle everyone’s fantasy.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    They’ll pay the going rate for whatever is left on the shelves, methinks.

CA has a handgun roster, which really limits the number of guns for sale when things aren’t crazy like they are now.

Add panic buying to the mix, and the handguns available really starts to dwindle/prices go up.

Check out how crazy these prices are for used guns right now:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=332

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I can confirm the insanity in CA. The roster allows for regular citizens to buy NEW guns from an FFL only if they are on the roster. Those considered law enforcement can buy whatever, so long as it's not a "banned" firearm in the state (Taurus Judge, S&W Governor). A lot of these law enforcement then turn and sell the "off roster" pistol at inflated prices to those who aren't privileged to buy them new. Just a work-around for regular citizens to get the newer pistols.
    Before I escaped, I sold a S&W M&P 9mm full size for $750.00! Was selling my $2.50 CCI mini-mag 22lr for $15.00 a box of 100. I wasn't even out seeking to find a buyer, was just replying to Calgun WTB posts and selling at their prices.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I can confirm the insanity in CA. The roster allows for regular citizens to buy NEW guns from an FFL only if they are on the roster. Those considered law enforcement can buy whatever, so long as it's not a "banned" firearm in the state (Taurus Judge, S&W Governor). A lot of these law enforcement then turn and sell the "off roster" pistol at inflated prices to those who aren't privileged to buy them new. Just a work-around for regular citizens to get the newer pistols.
    Before I escaped, I sold a S&W M&P 9mm full size for $750.00! Was selling my $2.50 CCI mini-mag 22lr for $15.00 a box of 100. I wasn't even out seeking to find a buyer, was just replying to Calgun WTB posts and selling at their prices.

Some of those cops have gone to prison for make a business of it.

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    Some of those cops have gone to prison for make a business of it.
    Yep. I know bout 10 yrs ago, there were 3 CHP officers that would buy Ruger LCP's, and would have a letter from their department to waive the 10 day waiting period. They would register the pistol, an then turn and sell it to another individual. They had a good racket going, but lost their jobs. I know a lot of the local LE in my former hometown, and they would usually wait about 6 months if they wanted to sell, not worth their livelihood for a couple hundred bucks.

PEMDAS

Former mall ninja
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2020
    Denton
    Yep. I know bout 10 yrs ago, there were 3 CHP officers that would buy Ruger LCP's, and would have a letter from their department to waive the 10 day waiting period. They would register the pistol, an then turn and sell it to another individual. They had a good racket going, but lost their jobs. I know a lot of the local LE in my former hometown, and they would usually wait about 6 months if they wanted to sell, not worth their livelihood for a couple hundred bucks.

Former Californian as well. I can’t believe the red tape, fees, and hoops we jumped through. And it’s getting worse.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    So...................while waiting for 92 minutes on hold for a NICS check this afternoon.....

One of the recorded messages said (not verbatim)..........due to the overwhelming volume NICS is experiencing delayed dates will be longer than the 72 hours (3 business days not including weekends and holidays) required by law. We hope you will take this into consideration and not transfer firearms until you receive a status change from NICS...

So basically the law says we can let them have it after 3 business days still, but they are requesting we don't.....

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    My liberal sister called today. Now we have had discussions before and she is not totally against guns but she drinks a lot of the Kool Aid the left has. She asked if I had something I could loan her. I guess she better be happy we don't live in WA. I loaned her a EZ Shield 380 and an extra mag filled with some Hydra Shoks and a nylon holster for it. Gave her a quick run down, explained the law to have it in the car with no LTC and sent her on her way.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    My liberal sister called today. Now we have had discussions before and she is not totally against guns but she drinks a lot of the Kool Aid the left has. She asked if I had something I could loan her. I guess she better be happy we don't live in WA. I loaned her a EZ Shield 380 and an extra mag filled with some Hydra Shoks and a nylon holster for it. Gave her a quick run down, explained the law to have it in the car with no LTC and sent her on her way.
    not questioning that decision (as my opinion on that is irrelevant), but if it was me - I'd make damn sure she knows (by habit/practice) to drop the mag before clearing the chamber...

just my .02

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    They would first need a gunshow in the leftist states to use the loophole

If they want a gun fast, why don’t they use the “gun show loophole”? Could it be because there isn’t one?

Will they figure out that their leftist pie hole flappers have been lying about that too?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Want to bet when this CV thing is all over and done the libtards start blaming the gun bunnies for the difficulty for the libtards to acquire a gun?
    You see its OUR fault the laws were written because we acted badly beforehand so restrictive laws had to be implemented.
    So it wasn't fair they couldn't get a firearm when they wanted one.
    Since nothing can be allowed to be unfair then no one should be able to have a gun.
    Its not fair they had to be scared during the cv crisis. People shouldn't have to live in fear.
    So new laws we be needed to keep the guns away.
    Guns bad. Orange man bad.
    Makes perfect sense to a brain dead libtard.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    GunsMar-20-20-.jpg

Attachments

• GunsMar-20-20-.jpg
      GunsMar-20-20-.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 469
    Top Bottom