Lots of Spammers

texcross

Well-Known
Admin
Aug 28, 2013
Sanger, TX
hey all.

FYI, this weekend had a huge influx of spam accounts created. Caused more on an internal mess so sorry if any got through. I am moderating and approving all members now until it goes away.

Thanks to everyone who catch em' in the act and report it.

:target:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jul 1, 2011
You guys have been quick to respond to the reports, and that deserves a big thank you.
Absolutely! I rarely go to the Blog section but did several days ago. I clicked the 1st one which was spam, reported it and went back to the main list and realized MOST of the blogs (@ 20?) were spam. Decided to leave the section but checked back hours later and it was cleaned up. Good job :)

Anger

Well-Known
Jan 7, 2010
Washington MI (glorious in summer)
spammers are a huge PITA. 98% of my spammers originate from China, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Russia and related, Germany, etc. etc. About 1 out of 100 or less originates from the US or Canada. Of those, most are from Canada. I set IP filters to just deny those IP addresses. Not a great but it's about all I can do in the limited amount of time I have dedicated to fighting spammers. What gets me is the amount of time dedicated to sending just absolute unreadable crap and/or links to sights no one in their right mind will read. Worst case they link someone to a "virus".

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
Aug 27, 2009
San Antonio!
You guys have been quick to respond to the reports, and that deserves a big thank you.
Agreed, I moderate on a big military forum and combating spammers is almost a full time job! We all appreciate your efforts to keep this forum spam-free and on-track, and if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know!

Cheers! M2

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
spammers are a huge PITA. 98% of my spammers originate from China, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Russia and related, Germany, etc. etc. About 1 out of 100 or less originates from the US or Canada. Of those, most are from Canada.
This ain't Canada Gun Talk... block it all!

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
Feb 24, 2009
cypress
I like spam. fry it lightly with some melted cheese. makes a wonderful sammie

Top Bottom