• texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    hey all.

FYI, this weekend had a huge influx of spam accounts created. Caused more on an internal mess so sorry if any got through. I am moderating and approving all members now until it goes away.

Thanks to everyone who catch em' in the act and report it.

:target:

Hurley's Gold

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You guys have been quick to respond to the reports, and that deserves a big thank you.

Absolutely! I rarely go to the Blog section but did several days ago. I clicked the 1st one which was spam, reported it and went back to the main list and realized MOST of the blogs (@ 20?) were spam. Decided to leave the section but checked back hours later and it was cleaned up. Good job :)

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    spammers are a huge PITA. 98% of my spammers originate from China, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Russia and related, Germany, etc. etc. About 1 out of 100 or less originates from the US or Canada. Of those, most are from Canada. I set IP filters to just deny those IP addresses. Not a great but it's about all I can do in the limited amount of time I have dedicated to fighting spammers. What gets me is the amount of time dedicated to sending just absolute unreadable crap and/or links to sights no one in their right mind will read. Worst case they link someone to a "virus".

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You guys have been quick to respond to the reports, and that deserves a big thank you.

Agreed, I moderate on a big military forum and combating spammers is almost a full time job! We all appreciate your efforts to keep this forum spam-free and on-track, and if there is anything we can do to help, please let us know!

Cheers! M2

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    spammers are a huge PITA. 98% of my spammers originate from China, Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Russia and related, Germany, etc. etc. About 1 out of 100 or less originates from the US or Canada. Of those, most are from Canada.
    This ain't Canada Gun Talk... block it all!

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX
    LOL, these guys are using proxies with U.S. IP's, great site though to run each IP through on accounts needing moderation - and there are plenty, they have not given up yet :)

Have ot sya thanks to this site for making it easy to validate each one...
    Stop Forum Spam

Top Bottom