• ...and so much more!
  • Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    I work in sweats in a spare bedroom that passes for an office, reloading room, gun safe, hideout from Lifetime Movies and bulk storage. 50" flat screen, even has a beer fridge. I can step out on the back porch and empty casings pretty much at will. Yes I know, weep for me.

But I work for a Denver based company that mandates 'emotional intelligence', 'unconscious bias', 'embracing diversity' training, sponsors LGBTQ events, etc. Many of the people celebrate this 'enlightened' culture and feel compelled to share their moral superiority continuously.

I vacillate between giddy at the sweet gig I've snagged and choking the crap out of every other person I talk to.

I think the moral is something like: if you're warm and happy in a pile of manure keep your mouth shut.

Rant over, we now return you to your regularly scheduled posting.
    Capitol Armory ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...Many of the people celebrate this 'enlightened' culture and feel compelled to share their moral superiority continuously.

I vacillate between giddy at the sweet gig I've snagged and choking the crap out of every other person I talk to....

Sounds like the grass is always greener kind of rant, I score it 2/10.

You’re paid to produce, not pontificate. Tune that other stuff out.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    If that's your biggest complaint, worthy of sharing on the internet...I'd say you're doing alright. Some of us have real problems to deal with every day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Whistler,

Are you somehow compelled to participate in all the 'woke-ness nonsense' or are you simply made aware your company sponsors that crap, but doesn't force you into participating?

p.s. I'd be the first one out the door if I was expected to participate in some alphabet people/group rally or what have you...ugh!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I work for a big military company that loves to present itself as conservative and you still have this fudge packing nonsense there. Best part is you are remote for all these meetings. Just mute yourself and turn off the sound

Anyone remember when they just wanted to get married? LOL

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      25.9 KB · Views: 326

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I vacillate between giddy at the sweet gig I've snagged and choking the crap out of every other person I talk to.

I am in a similar situation but not as bad as yours. I work in an office here in Texas but our main office is based in CA so there is a liberal smell in the air here in my office but fortunately it does not stink as bad as it could. One issue I have here in my workplace is that they are vehemently anti-gun. Not knowing that when I started I found out about it real quick from management. The job is one of the best ones I have ever had and the pay is pretty good so I don't make an issue about the anti-gun work environment and keep that subject to myself. At the end of the workday when I walk out of the office I leave CA and return to Texas.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    If there is too much bull crap coming down the pike I just try to keep my head above the bullshit and remember that I make over $40 an hour, so I’m laughing all the way to the bank.

In a staff meeting recently, I had to describe a problem with our inner office door latch. People were not interfacing with the latch properly and the push button code lock wasn’t engaging (so anyone could just turn the latch and walk in without entering the code.) I explained and then demonstrated how you needed to let the latch go and let it fly back, and I referenced that it’s like letting the slide of a pistol slam back. My big boss and most others (all ladies) didn't know what I meant. I did that on purpose, just to be cute, for my own satisfaction.

Then I got a chance to invite some coworker ladies to the Pearland Women’s pistol class. As one lady learned to to rack the pistol slide properly, she turned to me and exclaimed “Oh! It is just like the door at work!!”

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    I have frequent work calls with co-workers based in California. When the pre-meeting chit-chat starts going to the left, I usually chime in with "There's three things you shouldn't talk about at work: religion, politics, and college football in Texas." The last point usually gets a chuckle, but my co-workers get the message and the actually start the meeting.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    @ZX9RCAM yes my spare bedroom, not 'that' kind of job

@Fishkiller yes bosses are in Denver, just see them in meetings, they insist on webcams

@ TheDan usually just silence but they know I have a 'collection'

@toddnjoyce true, wasn't so much a rant as a commentary on how things have changed

@jetcycles yup, been there too. Was an electrician in a shipyard, did home remodeling for a while, etc. but that's why I put it in "Off Topic". Had it been an actual complaint it would have included much more profanity.

@Mowingmaniac yeah, have to participate, I'm a manager

@MTA89 love the remote part, I'd have been fire 100 times over if I didn't have mute!

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It's still National Hispanic American Month and the college has activities geared towards that, but I'm not required to participate. I have nothing against the Hispanic people, but it does kind of rub me the wrong way in that there isn't a month, week or a day for that matter where I can point to and say that represents me. The good thing is that in my part of the campus, identity group activities aren't as evident, I know they're out there and other teachers are part of it, but I'm not really involved. I love my job and all I can say is, as long as it doesn't go full 'enlightened' for the next five years in my part of teaching, I'll put up with what the rest of the campus may say is the right thing to do.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Here's one more perspective for you: From someone who is still looking for employment, despite the record low unemployment numbers (thank you, president Trump!), perhaps be happy to be gainfully employed. I fully expect to find something soon, but until then, will recall fondly the days of having a regular paycheck.
    Have a great day!

Top Bottom