• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    As I was working in the hot sun last week, I was thinking “I once had a career with a cushy air conditioned office”...

And let me tell you, now that I work for myself, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

My boss is kind of a dick tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Here's one more perspective for you: From someone who is still looking for employment, despite the record low unemployment numbers (thank you, president Trump!), perhaps be happy to be gainfully employed. I fully expect to find something soon, but until then, will recall fondly the days of having a regular paycheck.
    Have a great day!

I'm very sorry to hear that and I hope you find a job very soon. I know how it feels, after 9/11 it took me almost two years to find another job. We lost our house, our cars, everything. I worked at 7-11 at night and built fence, painted houses, unloaded grocery trucks, whatever during the day to keep us fed and living indoors. On the bright side persistence paid off and we're in a better spot than before. Hold fast.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Here's one more perspective for you: From someone who is still looking for employment, despite the record low unemployment numbers (thank you, president Trump!), perhaps be happy to be gainfully employed. I fully expect to find something soon, but until then, will recall fondly the days of having a regular paycheck.
    Have a great day!

Don’t give up! Your next opportunity is out there. Keep on digging!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Have a great day!
    Where do you live?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    People are the best, and worst, part of everything.

It’s like how booze is the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems
    (Quote stolen from Homer Simpson)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    On the bright side persistence paid off and we're in a better spot than before. Hold fast.
    Oh, yeah. I expect something good will turn up. Half the battle is just recognizing it when it gets here.
    Don’t give up! Your next opportunity is out there. Keep on digging!
    No, not nearly ready to give up, believe me. I was looking for a job when I found the last one I had. And I had that one for six years.
    Where do you live?
    I am in Pipe Creek, near San Antonio. Part of my challenge is that I am trying to find something on the NW side of SA, so my commute does not kill me.
    Fellas, thanks for all your concern. I was not trying to say "woe is me", just give another outlook on the situation for the OP. I just need to find me a decent gig to last me ten or twelve years into my golden retirement stage. That's all!
    Carry on...

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    This was the closest thing to a "job" thread I could find...
    So, I am still posted on some job sites and get an occasional email, offering a job. I got one the other day that was BARELY English. It turned out being comical. Here's an excerpt:
    Thou will not be made with force to have business with grave wrappings. Chiefly, you would discover bedclothes or baubles inside boxes. Training is presented without fee.

All you all should need to enjoy the work from our biz is a desktop PC, access to the online net, & printer to be able to print consignments. How much ya'll will be able to earn depends exceptionally on you – the more time ye work, the larger you all obtain. As a rule, women and men that simply launch operation for our fellowship obtain approximately 1000 bucks per 5-6 working days.

Are ya'll inflamed by named offering? Please, write our comradeship via e-mail. Add your Full name and State.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    My employer (oil & gas industry) that I have been with well over 10 years just announced if we do not get the covid vaccine by mid October then we will be terminated. It is a very large, but family owned business. I am not anti-vax, but I am against this forced BS. I am not really sure what to do at this point. This company has changed over that past few years for sure. The pay is excellent and allows me to support my family. I am so angry, but not sure what to do. At this point I am hearing that more and mre companies are going the same way.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    My employer (oil & gas industry) that I have been with well over 10 years just announced if we do not get the covid vaccine by mid October then we will be terminated. It is a very large, but family owned business. I am not anti-vax, but I am against this forced BS. I am not really sure what to do at this point. This company has changed over that past few years for sure. The pay is excellent and allows me to support my family. I am so angry, but not sure what to do. At this point I am hearing that more and mre companies are going the same way.
    see if you can get a religious exemption

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …I am so angry, but not sure what to do. At this point I am hearing that more and mre companies are going the same way.
    I’m an HR guy by trade. I usually recommend this article for folks like to consider how to understand what options may be available.

Businesses generally have to offer reasonable accommodations. Reasonable is in their eyes, not yours. In some instances, the happy medium could be the least worst of a bunch of options. If the alternative is wear a mask instead of getting the shot and you don’t like either of those choices, not much advice can be given.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The problem is, if you just give in to your loss of liberty for the security of wealth, do you believe it will end there? How often has the government given back what it's taken? Now I know it's a company and not a government, but it's mandate is due to government pressure and then what's next? It won't stop there, unless enough people put a stop to it.

The past losses of liberty is due mainly to, well, it doesn't effect my life directly. Keep giving in to despotism in the belief it doesn't effect your life, and soon they'll own your life.

Top Bottom