• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4x4given

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    It's an "A" with a 28" non ribbed barrel. It is one L-O-N-G sucker. Black synthetic stock and forearm, but I am really thinking of either selling it and buying a Maverick 88 Security 8 shot... or... save up anoth couple hundred and get a 20" barrell / 9 shot tube / pistol grip combo and be able to convert it for HD and clays.

Thoughts? Smart remarks?
    DK Firearms

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    Bass pro has one with both 18" barrel and 28" barrel and a pistol grip for $349 brand new, thats my next purchase just waiting on some gift cards from my mastercard rewards. ;-)

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I have a maverick 88 field model and was looking to get an 18.5 barrel too but the cheapest price I have found is $119 and Academy has Mav 88 18.5 models for $189 so I am probably going to buy another shotgun with the shorter barrel.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    It's an "A" with a 28" non ribbed barrel. It is one L-O-N-G sucker. Black synthetic stock and forearm, but I am really thinking of either selling it and buying a Maverick 88 Security 8 shot... or... save up anoth couple hundred and get a 20" barrell / 9 shot tube / pistol grip combo and be able to convert it for HD and clays.

Thoughts? Smart remarks?

I'll trade you for a Mav 88 security, 20in, 8 rnd tube, including a pachmayr vindicator pistol grip and the original synthetic stock. Also has a 4 rnd side saddle. I have the receipt with serial number. Gun is around 6-9 months old and only had maybe 100 rounds put through it. It's HD ready, lemme know if you are interested or want pics.

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Go real short!!
    ser_shorty_big.jpg

No seriously. I would shop your local pawn shops and find another 500 or an 870 with a ~20in barrel. My girlfriend works for Cash America and they have both in there for under $200.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    To have multiple barrels for your 500 is a good idea. It is made to be a modular gun. have a shrouded 18.5 inch, and maybe a 26-28" for skeet. The made it to be easy to change barrels, I.e no tools. Having multiple barrels makes it worth more later when you trade/sell it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The normal 6 round mag is enough for home defense.

Can you forsee a home invasion that takes more than 6 rounds of 00B to stop!?

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    The normal 6 round mag is enough for home defense.

Can you forsee a home invasion that takes more than 6 rounds of 00B to stop!?

Haven't you watched "Night of the Living Dead".

BTW, we need a tin foil hat smiley.

Top Bottom