TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I recommended that optic to my buddy…it’s his first LPVO and he loves it

I based my reco on a ton of favorable reviews…especially at the price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Burris is on a whole different level lately. The fullfield hunting scopes are outstanding compared to most others near their price

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    My favorite Beretta fact:
    The company was founded in 1526 and has been an ongoing concern the entire time…nearly 500 years!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    re DVOR: i tell friends to do some serious research before considering them.

It’s Optics Planet, same company.

What issues did you have?

I’ve read about selling stuff they don’t have in stock, and long shipping delays.

I’ve only bought a few things from them, but things went ok.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I just got this - and I've only had about 100 rounds down range with it BUT I've had other Redfield scopes in the past and all served well.

mC35f0s.jpg

I picked up a Redfield Rebel 1-6 on Friday to replace the red dot on my AR pistol.

The Burris RT6 and this one floated to the top of the pack for me. Both had good glass clarity for their price points - but ultimately I picked the Redfield because the simple and larger duplex reticle was easier / faster for me to get on target.

I really liked the illuminated horseshoe - dot on the Burris, but the reticle over all was too small, and as eye catching as the illuminated bit is - it didn't have that same immediate draw to the target for me that the cross hairs did on the Redfield.

As cool as illuminated reticles are - I also don't think they're entirely necessary. This gun is primarily a defensive gun. I'm not taking low light shots with it without using the flashlight.

After getting the sight mounted to my AR, began trying it at various distances in the house. The longest shot I could theoretically take in here is about 20 yards - its a manufactured home, and I can see from my office wall to the other end of the house to the door of our laundry room and 2nd living room. With the lights off, near dusk I could pick up a decent amount of light, but not enough that I'd feel comfortable taking a shot on a live human there. When I activate the flash light on the gun - the far room lit up nice and bright, and the target was easily identifiable and illuminated.

I repeated that outside when it got dark. Standing in the doorway of my home, the longest shot I can *safely* take at a threat who is by my fence is 309 - there are slightly longer range points, but the back stops of those shots would be my neighbor's homes across the street, so that's a no-go. Using the light, again, I could clearly ID targets and have enough light to get a fast fix on the duplex reticle.

I think my ideal sight would be Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24 but a $1000 scope isn't in my budget at the moment.

At $179 - the Redfield Rebel is a lot more budget friendly. Is it just as good? Hell no. But it works.

My wife and I met up with some dudes at Axxe's place this weekend, and thanks to @Txhillbilly (he bore sighted my scope) I was able to get dialed in quickly. Longest shot we got to take was 125 yards, shooting a hanging gong with a small orange dot painted in the middle. I could clearly see and consistently hit that dot and ring the gong from a bench rest. Standing, taking shots at the 50 yard gong, I could pretty consistently ring the steel so long as I didn't get ahead of the swing and break the shot early or pull the sight off target.

WAY easier to make those hits with the LVPO than I could've with the dot. I wish my handgun shooting was that accurate and easy!

I mounted my Rebel in a Vortex cantilever mount - I think its the CM-2? I'd have to look at the packaging again to be sure. It was $90 for the mount - so for $269 + tax, its a very budget friendly combo that has decent glass.

The throw lever is also smoother and bigger on the Redfield vs the Burris. The Burris felt sticky - or at least it took more effort to go from 1X to 6X. The Redfield reminded me a lot more of my Leupold scopes (Redfield used to be made by Leupold, but Academy bought the brand out a few years ago, IIRC, I dunno who is actually making them now, but the quality does not seem to have dipped!)

While it is far from an intensive test - I was also able to put this upper on a real deal M16 lower and run a couple magazines thru under automatic fire, then I put the upper back on my lower, shooting semi auto and did not notice any shift in zero, nor did any of the mounting screws loosen on me.

Until I can drop the cash for the Trijicon Accupoint, I think this Redfield Rebel is going to serve me well for its intended use.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I just got this - and I've only had about 100 rounds down range with it BUT I've had other Redfield scopes in the past and all served well.

mC35f0s.jpg

I picked up a Redfield Rebel 1-6 on Friday to replace the red dot on my AR pistol.

The Burris RT6 and this one floated to the top of the pack for me. Both had good glass clarity for their price points - but ultimately I picked the Redfield because the simple and larger duplex reticle was easier / faster for me to get on target.

I really liked the illuminated horseshoe - dot on the Burris, but the reticle over all was too small, and as eye catching as the illuminated bit is - it didn't have that same immediate draw to the target for me that the cross hairs did on the Redfield.

As cool as illuminated reticles are - I also don't think they're entirely necessary. This gun is primarily a defensive gun. I'm not taking low light shots with it without using the flashlight.

After getting the sight mounted to my AR, began trying it at various distances in the house. The longest shot I could theoretically take in here is about 20 yards - its a manufactured home, and I can see from my office wall to the other end of the house to the door of our laundry room and 2nd living room. With the lights off, near dusk I could pick up a decent amount of light, but not enough that I'd feel comfortable taking a shot on a live human there. When I activate the flash light on the gun - the far room lit up nice and bright, and the target was easily identifiable and illuminated.

I repeated that outside when it got dark. Standing in the doorway of my home, the longest shot I can *safely* take at a threat who is by my fence is 309 - there are slightly longer range points, but the back stops of those shots would be my neighbor's homes across the street, so that's a no-go. Using the light, again, I could clearly ID targets and have enough light to get a fast fix on the duplex reticle.

I think my ideal sight would be Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24 but a $1000 scope isn't in my budget at the moment.

At $179 - the Redfield Rebel is a lot more budget friendly. Is it just as good? Hell no. But it works.

My wife and I met up with some dudes at Axxe's place this weekend, and thanks to @Txhillbilly (he bore sighted my scope) I was able to get dialed in quickly. Longest shot we got to take was 125 yards, shooting a hanging gong with a small orange dot painted in the middle. I could clearly see and consistently hit that dot and ring the gong from a bench rest. Standing, taking shots at the 50 yard gong, I could pretty consistently ring the steel so long as I didn't get ahead of the swing and break the shot early or pull the sight off target.

WAY easier to make those hits with the LVPO than I could've with the dot. I wish my handgun shooting was that accurate and easy!

I mounted my Rebel in a Vortex cantilever mount - I think its the CM-2? I'd have to look at the packaging again to be sure. It was $90 for the mount - so for $269 + tax, its a very budget friendly combo that has decent glass.

The throw lever is also smoother and bigger on the Redfield vs the Burris. The Burris felt sticky - or at least it took more effort to go from 1X to 6X. The Redfield reminded me a lot more of my Leupold scopes (Redfield used to be made by Leupold, but Academy bought the brand out a few years ago, IIRC, I dunno who is actually making them now, but the quality does not seem to have dipped!)

While it is far from an intensive test - I was also able to put this upper on a real deal M16 lower and run a couple magazines thru under automatic fire, then I put the upper back on my lower, shooting semi auto and did not notice any shift in zero, nor did any of the mounting screws loosen on me.

Until I can drop the cash for the Trijicon Accupoint, I think this Redfield Rebel is going to serve me well for its intended use.

Good looking setup right there.

I need to put my hands on one of the new Redfield scopes.

I’ve got a 3-9 that’s a few years old, from when Leupold owned them, and it’s fantastic for the price I paid (~$150 IIRC).

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Good looking setup right there.

I need to put my hands on one of the new Redfield scopes.

I’ve got a 3-9 that’s a few years old, from when Leupold owned them, and it’s fantastic for the price I paid (~$150 IIRC).

I had a 3-9x 40 Redfield on an AR built for varmint killin. 20 inch heavy barrel, free float handguard. Redfield (Leupold owned at the time) 3-9X40 with BDC reticle calibrated for .223/5.56 - it was a sweet setup and a good scope.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I had a 3-9x 40 Redfield on an AR built for varmint killin. 20 inch heavy barrel, free float handguard. Redfield (Leupold owned at the time) 3-9X40 with BDC reticle calibrated for .223/5.56 - it was a sweet setup and a good scope.

Nice!

This is the one I got…definitely a few steps smaller on the tube diameter compared to yours.

It’s in a 10/22 and it’s great

b6f11836666213766bc34c992b5e2874.png

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Nice!

This is the one I got…definitely a few steps smaller on the tube diameter compared to yours.

It’s in a 10/22 and it’s great

b6f11836666213766bc34c992b5e2874.png

Tube is the same, IIRC 30mm - but the objective was 40mm instead of the 33mm on that one. Mine was also a Revolution. I think 9X is probably overkill for a 5.56mm gun now - 2-7X makes a lot more sense.

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    I can’t believe nobody mentioned the P4xi. It’s by far my favorite run and gun LPVO that I have personally used. The glass is exceptional and the eye box is very forgiving, especially when compared to scopes with a lot more magnification. I sold my more expensive Nightforce and Vortex stuff because I just really like the P4xi.

They have gone up in price over the last two years.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I can’t believe nobody mentioned the P4xi. It’s by far my favorite run and gun LPVO that I have personally used. The glass is exceptional and the eye box is very forgiving, especially when compared to scopes with a lot more magnification. I sold my more expensive Nightforce and Vortex stuff because I just really like the P4xi.

They have gone up in price over the last two years.

I bought one when they first came out, it was under $400 and excellent.

Methinks the problem is, they’ve doubled in price now, and for $800 I think it’s pricey for a 1-4 given other alternatives…that’s what I paid for my Vortex Razor 1-6 Gen 2 as an AA Optics refurb (I sold the Steiner for $650 to fund the Razor).

I recently traded a $380 Trijicon MRO for a Zeiss V4 Conquest 1-4 as an example…comparable glass/quality to the Steiner

Top Bottom