• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Next question, what caliber? The new 224 Valkyrie, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creedmoor? (Creedmoor requires 308 sizes AR, parts get pricey quick.)

I have built quite a few ARs for myself and will try to answer any questions you may have.

Those handguards are nice. Cerakote for the receivers and handguard and even barrel are possible as well. Could have custom rifle without expense of that one part.

Lots of options when comes to upper and lower receivers. I've built several on PSA, Spikes, Aero Precision, all do the job. The important parts are barrel and BCG in addition to trigger. I recently bought a Ballistic Advantage barrel which is supposed to get high marks for the price point. I also have a Rainier Arms UltraMatch and a White Oaks Armament barrel, both are very nice. I'm also a fan of Geissele triggers, CMC also makes nice ones along with AR Gold and many others.

Rails or handguards come in more shapes and sizes than you could ever imagine or hope. Decide the length you want then rails or no rails, MLok or KeyMod, diameter, etc.

It's a whole other world when you start playing with ARs.

Man... I appreciate the reply. After further talking to the wife.... I think we are just gonna run a 556/223 and keep it to 200-600yrds precision.

I replaced both triggers in my ar's with the CMC flat trigger. I really like those triggers.
    I will look into the names you mentioned and do some further research on it.
    Venture Surplus ad

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom