Lynx Defense

LTC carrier offering assistance or not when someone or even LEO in need ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Depends on the situation, I certainly wouldn't go running towards gunfire without knowing what's going on. If I am caught up in it, my first thought is of protecting myself, if that could help protect others, that works for me.
    Lynx Defense

Goliath

Forum Sponsor
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    El Paso, TX
    I am a LEO and the way I see it is make sure you verbalize over and repeatedly, when your adrenaline gets going you get tunnel vision and when you are drawn in to the fight your perception is limited about your surrounding such as sight being narrowed and hearing being diminished. so just verbalize your intentions extremely well. and if other officers show up follow commands please (that is an obvious).

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    See news/Google. AZ DPS officer getting ars kicked after ambush and injury saved by Az ccw citizen.

Officer was shot/injured from ambush in gun arm and couldn't draw to stop his head being repeatedly planted in the pavement. Good guy saved his life by shooting bad guy.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    See news/Google. AZ DPS officer getting ars kicked after ambush and injury saved by Az ccw citizen.

Officer was shot/injured from ambush in gun arm and couldn't draw to stop his head being repeatedly planted in the pavement. Good guy saved his life by shooting bad guy.

The articles I have read state that the citizen approached the officer and asked directly if he needed help and if he wanted him to shoot the attacker. Officer stated yes, citizen went back to vehicle, retrieved weapon and shot attacker. Seems like good communication went on. Anyways, we can what if this kind of subject to death. The fact is you will not know what you are going to do unless you get in that situation for the most part and I pray it never happens.
    I must say though, I travel a pretty good distance through mainly rural areas at odd hours for Army National Guard duty every month. If there is an LEO with someone pulled over I always study the scene really good as I pass to see if there is anything not right going on. Most of the time those officers are out there solo and if that time ever comes where they need help I will provide it. That could mean a wide range of ways which they need help. Like I said though, I pray it never happens. I think the LEOs that have chimed in here make perfect sense and are the most valuable source of knowledge on this anyways.

Top Bottom