Join TexasGunTalk

Ltc class price

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by country_boy, Feb 18, 2019.

1. sammeow

sammeow New Member

May 8, 2013
    DFW
    As stated, Groupon can be your friend.
    Just be sure the price also includes the range fee.

2. equin

equin Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Do you know where in Waxahachie? I already got my LTC years ago, but my wife is finally interested in getting hers. We live in Waxahachie.

3. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've seen some specials for around $39, but since I have my LTC I hadn't paid much attention to where.

4. DyeF9

DyeF9 In Thrust We Trust TGT Supporter

Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    http://www.elliscountychl.com/

It was a good class. Instructors made it fairly entertaining and still informative. Includes the range. They will supply a .22 pistol and ammo to use if needed at addition cost (like $5). You can also bring your own handgun and 50 rounds. They supply Target and provide drinks and snacks free of charge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

equin likes this.
  5. equin

equin Active Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Great! Thanks!

6. TexasGunAdmirer

TexasGunAdmirer New Member

May 31, 2013
    Just West of Fort Worth
    Quality of instruction and class size varies widely. Cheaper classes are usually larger and more impersonal. There's more to consider than just price, and don't begrudge an instructor for making a little profit after his or her time and expenses. Many instructors offer discounts for veterans, active duty, school employees, etc.

7. Paliknight

Paliknight New Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Austin
    Agreed. My instructor wasn’t the best, but he was a former infantryman and offered it free to mil and vets. I can respect that. To be honest, it seemed like he was forced to drag on the class for a few hours more than it should have been because of requirements set by DPS. The entire class could have been done in 2 hours IMO.

8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I am an instructor. I cannot cover the material in 4 hours, I always take at least 5 and I don't tell war stories or allow students take me down rabbit holes.

V-Tach, Jon Payne and Hoji like this.
  9. Paliknight

Paliknight New Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Austin
    I don’t know then because we were in class took 4-5 hours but half of that consisted of tangents that were just examples of personal experience that could have been skipped.

10. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    It all depends on your personal experience on what may seem redundant. Many often don't have much experience, so you need to have patience for them.