• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OlongJohnson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2015
    Posting here instead of in the CHL forum because I'm really looking for a local recommendation. I am in the Cypress area. Just wondering if anyone in the area has any strong recommendations for a best place to take an LTC class. I like the convenience of Hot Wells because they're close and you can walk outside to do the live fire part (when they aren't under water), but I'd compromise on that if there are recommendations for significantly better classroom presentation somewhere else. I'm always in for the best use of time listening to someone I can learn from talk.
    Gun Zone Deals

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I live nearby, on the west side of Spring, and have had several people tell me that Shiloh Shooting Range has the best CHL classes in this area. I plan on going over there very soon to complete the class and get all the paperwork submitted.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I did mine at Shiloh, was a great course and had a good time. Wife did hers at Hot Wells, and while it was good and she enjoyed it, the instructor was behind on the recent (at the time) law changes.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    I originally (2008) did mine at Top Gun downtown. Recert at Shiloh. I have taken several other courses with 360 Tactical Training and really enjoyed them.

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    Spring Guns & Ammo. They have their own fingerprint office so it's hassle-free.

The fingerprint office is nearby, but you still need to make an appointment and it's not part of SGA. I did my class at SGA in February and the first available fingerprinting appointment was 10 days later. Nice thing was the shooting qualification was done at the beginning of the class (before the range opened to the public).

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    It is in the same building as the class.

The building where my class was held (and where the fingerprint office is located) is across the parking lot from SGA. Now, if the fingerprint office were open around class time and you didn't need an appointment, then it would be "hassle-free".

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    All fingerprints need an appointment as it is scheduled by the state. Sorry that walking 20yds across the parking lot is too much hassle. I reckon if yo can get to SGA to do your class, you can get back to do your fingerprints. If you're driving 1hr to a CHL class that's your own fault.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

dtownmj

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Houston, TX
    check groupon, i did mine with pasadena CHL. bit of a drive, but my class was only $55. The class is mostly common sense, and the shooting part and test are extremely easy.

MikeyJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Tomball
    All fingerprints need an appointment as it is scheduled by the state. Sorry that walking 20yds across the parking lot is too much hassle. I reckon if yo can get to SGA to do your class, you can get back to do your fingerprints. If you're driving 1hr to a CHL class that's your own fault.

No problem. Just trying to make sure the OP has accurate info. Thanks for the confirmation.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Shiloh. There is an office that does fingerprinting down the street. If I recall correctly, the office is a Sylvan Learning Center.

PCMusicGuy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2016
    Did mine at the VFW off of 290 @ Telge. It was through a $45 groupon with Delta Range 93. Seemed like a good basic class; all the information was current.

It is quite a different experience than some of the CHL classes in Louisiana. My brother told me about the CHL class from one of the neighbors in rural LA and they had lots of shooting time, basic self defense instruction, even going so far as to show you (and make you practice) how to disarm someone holding guns on you in various positions.

roberthleeii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    I would not take it from Hot Wells. I just took mine there and would not do it again. The class was fine but for the shooting part they lined us up to shoot very close. We were shooting so close together our shirt sleeves were hitting each other and the spent casings were burning the person to the right of several shooters. I would like to brag that I shot perfect (one of two in the class) while collecting 4 circular burn marks on my exposed neck and having dozens of casings land on my shoulder.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom