Join TexasGunTalk

LTC, DL FREE with a little effort

Discussion in 'Texas Concealed Handgun (CHL)' started by Renegade, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Renegade

Renegade SuperOwner

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Bithabus likes this.
  2. gshayd

gshayd Ugliest house on the block.

Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I would take the class again for that. Need to be able to do self CPR since I have about 12 inches of a scar on my chest. I keep the nitro tabs with my old military id tags and medical warnings.

3. lightflyer1

lightflyer1 Active Member

May 2, 2015
    Getting certified through the AHA or ARC for CPR costs more than the license cost for me. $50 for both licenses. I have had training in the military as well as various civilian institutions over the years and still take free courses when available. But this bill saves me nothing unless there is a free source of training out there.

I contacted US Law Shield and asked them to start offering a class like this if possible for their members. Maybe they can do it for a small fee and make it worthwhile to their members. They are already offering first aid. They said they would look into it.

jordanmills and DoubleDuty like this.
  4. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Looking at online CPR classes now since I need it anyways.

Any recommendations?

5. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Check out your local community college extension courses........not online, but you need the hands on part anyway.

6. LaVbRef

LaVbRef Member

Sep 15, 2018
    Seven Points
    Online courses will give you the basic knowledge and you can be certified by other organizations but online courses aren't certified by the AHA (American Heart Association) or ARC (American Red Cross) that I can find. Their certification process requires some classroom time.

7. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    That makes sense.

I took an online course as it seems to meet OSHA requirements which is my biggest concern.