Gun Zone Deals

LTC: How long does it take, as of late...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    Wondering ..

Last notes on a status-check states:
    Background Check : Completed
    License To Carry A Handgun : Print Pending

Last I read it was about 4 weeks/1 month to receive the card, after prints...

Are they backlogged with people from all the commie-states?

Anyone desire to shed some light on this subject, regarding time-frames, (after prints) in recent months?
    Gun Zone Deals

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Best we can do.

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)
    FYI: From the date of prints taken,
    to LTC card in my hands (mailbox) was 2 weeks, and 3 days,
    AKA 17 days. (My wife's took a couple days longer, as she got her prints done before me by a few days,
    but we received both her and my cards today.)

No more background checks for me,
    NOR 20-30 minute FFL purchase-delays, thank you very much...

I HATED getting half-way home,
    or all the way home (depending on FFL location),
    and then just going right back.

I DID tell my daughter to make sure ANY boys she talks to
    know that mom and dad BOTH have their carry permit... :D

36-37 states can enjoy me, fully now. :)

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Renewal permits- about how long does it take these days to get the renewal processed? I like my CC license for my reasons and am a month from expiration. What’s the teams most recent experience? If it was this important to me I should have submitted a couple months ago- I get it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Renewal permits- about how long does it take these days to get the renewal processed? I like my CC license for my reasons and am a month from expiration. What’s the teams most recent experience? If it was this important to me I should have submitted a couple months ago- I get it.

I renewed mine in April and had the renewal within a month. You don’t want to let the current one expire before renewing so do the online renewal tonight.

ETA: submitted 4/28, got this email on 4/29:

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored email box and your inquiry will not reviewed.

Thank you for sending a copy of your supporting documentation. This will be moved forward to process with your application.

By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a *fully-completed application AND supporting documents are received by the department. In the event more information or documents are required to complete an application, DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process.

Got my hard copy in the mail before going to Colorado over Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited:

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Mine expires in Mid- Aug. Got the paperwork done and submitted my DD214. Figuring out how to make that into a .pdf file from my phone was a treat. Sounds like I have a fair chance of getting it within a month. I’ll expect an email tomorrow then I guess.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Just did my renewal in .June, took less than two weeks.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I renewed mine in April and had the renewal within a month. You don’t want to let the current one expire before renewing so do the online renewal tonight.

ETA: submitted 4/28, got this email on 4/29:

Please do not reply to this email. Replies to this email are routed to an unmonitored email box and your inquiry will not reviewed.

Thank you for sending a copy of your supporting documentation. This will be moved forward to process with your application.

By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a *fully-completed application AND supporting documents are received by the department. In the event more information or documents are required to complete an application, DPS has an additional 180 days to complete the review process.

Got my hard copy in the mail before going to Colorado over Memorial Day weekend.
    Just received the acknowledgement email. Guess the clock is ticking.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Did you have additional forms to submit? DD-214 or otherwise?
    I already had “Veteran” on my LTC, but I asked for the veteran rate so I had to upload my DD214 again. I already had it as a PDF, so easy-peasy.

I know, you would think they keep it on file, but go figure, still did not slow things down

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I already had “Veteran” on my LTC, but I asked for the veteran rate so I had to upload my DD214 again. I already had it as a PDF, so easy-peasy.

I know, you would think they keep it on file, but go figure, still did not slow things down
    Cool. Same here. Mine wasn’t in pdf though. I just keep a jpg of my DD214 on my phone just because. I submitted through my iPhone and found Adobe to create the pdf…finally. What a PITA. It’s done now though so all good.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands

citizen_zero

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    North of DFW
    Just got my renewal today...about a month total. Mine doesn't expire until November so I wanted to get it taken care of early.

On a side note, the new design is quite a bit different. Photos are black and white and it has two on the front. One normal size like previous LTC in b&w and a smaller one (same exact photo) in the lower right hand corner

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom