• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I’m looking to see if any of you know of a person/company does private training for concealed carry at a private residence that has a place for the shooting part as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    May want to list where you are at or where you want to have it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Where are you? I only do private in home classes. I do not do a whole lot of them due to having a job that keeps me hopping all over Texas ( and United States) but if our schedules match up we May be able to work something out.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I’m looking to see if any of you know of a person/company does private training for concealed carry at a private residence that has a place for the shooting part as well

Sure do in the Golden Triangle.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Do you own property that allows a handgun to be safely and legally shot? If not, will the local ranges allow an instructor that is not affiliated with them to do a qualification ?

Ungluck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    You guys have info on your back grounds as instructors, leo/mil/competition experience, certifications, education, etc?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    High school dropout, never served in the military or LE, and have never shot in competition.
    Been teaching folks to shoot for over 30 years and been certified to teach LTC for about 10years and Level III security for almost 20. Have taken a few LE instructor level courses as well as a bunch of TCLEOSE/TCOLE classes that I could get a non LEO waiver for.
    Also a Safariland OC instructor as well as a use of force instructor.
    My primary job is a safety manager for an international construction company. I do not teach as many classes these days but keep all of my certifications active because I actually enjoy doing it.

Why do you ask?:clown:
    You guys have info on your back grounds as instructors, leo/mil/competition experience, certifications, education, etc?

Ungluck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    High school dropout, never served in the military or LE, and have never shot in competition.
    Been teaching folks to shoot for over 30 years and been certified to teach LTC for about 10years and Level III security for almost 20. Have taken a few LE instructor level courses as well as a bunch of TCLEOSE/TCOLE classes that I could get a non LEO waiver for.
    Also a Safariland OC instructor as well as a use of force instructor.
    My primary job is a safety manager for an international construction company. I do not teach as many classes these days but keep all of my certifications active because I actually enjoy doing it.

Why do you ask?:clown:
    Are you attempting to instigate?

Simple question, asking for background experience for cadre is just that. Not insinuation.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    How should he have phrased his question?

Not for sure. But, too many think that just because a person was in the military, or in LE, or shot competition that automatically makes them an expert, or qualified for teaching LTC classes, or SD training. I totally disagree with that fallacy. IMO, that background is irrelevant to that particular training.

Maybe just phrased it to ask what qualifications Hoji had that qualified him to be a teacher for LTC might have been better.

I have never held any qualifications and have taught quite a few new shooters gun safety and how to shoot.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Probably most of the people here could teach him gun safety, rules, laws and regulations and can even make sure he can hit a man size target from 5 - 7 yards. But not being a certified instructor, we could not sign off on his application for a LTC.

He does need to have a qualified instructor. I don't know what all it entails to be an qualified instructor, but I'll bet it takes more than just filling out an application.

Ungluck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2019
    Texas
    I never insinuated that an instructor had to have any of those things in my question. I merely asked for background is all. Pretty plain, simple and direct question. That's it lol

Context was created, I was just Curious. I have my Texas LTC, just good to have credible, reliable and competent obstructed to mention to people who ask me.

I have people I prefer, but they're not always a good fit for true noobies sometimes. Whether it be price, availability or level of instruction based on my knowing of the person's needs and current capabilities.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I never insinuated that an instructor had to have any of those things in my question. I merely asked for background is all. Pretty plain, simple and direct question. That's it lol

Context was created, I was just Curious. I have my Texas LTC, just good to have credible, reliable and competent obstructed to mention to people who ask me.

I have people I prefer, but they're not always a good fit for true noobies sometimes. Whether it be price, availability or level of instruction based on my knowing of the person's needs and current capabilities.

IMO, a person's background, or previous training is irrelevant. What matters is are they holding the certifications, or credentials to teach what I need to learn.

Top Bottom