• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Kidding around a little bit. But I'm not alone. See post 99, 98, 95, 92, 91, 65, 55.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    I'm not saying that is what happened, or she had any hand in orchestrating the death of here ex-husband, but it has happened many times before of getting rid of an ex, by such means.

Not far-fetched by any measure.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Text book wise this is not how you want to be seen defending yourself. I’m of the opinion this was an unjustified shoot.

He was shot because of retardation and bad temperaments not because anyone’s life was on the line. As far as I could see and hear, this was a trespassing issue and Texas doesn’t let you use deadly force just for that. Deadly force is ok for other crimes and when you fear for your wellbeing.

The problem defending this guy is no one put his hands on him or as far as I could tell made a threat...now before I keep going let’s review something: in the video the father says something about taking the woman. Context is very important here as deadly force is allowed to stop abduction. So...was what he said legit or was it pops talking like dads do with family? And let’s not forget the dads state of mind with the location of his kid. A lot going on here we don’t understand. Maybe that’s been explained...I don’t follow news much unless it’s a topic off here. I just like to work.

So trespass and the context of what the dad said...Otherwise this guy has nothing and murdered someone. What a shitty case. Another thing: when he got the rifle he didn’t act in taking care of the threat right away...he tried to scare or intimidate with the gun then shot to kill. Doesn’t fit well with self defense or self control.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    When the BF brought out a gun to a verbal altercation, that was provocation, threatening or intimidation, or even trying to escalate an already volatile and emotional situation.

Where I see things hinging on, did the BF intend to shoot the ex-husband, or it just got escalated to where it happened? That IMO means the difference between manslaughter and murder.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'm not saying that is what happened, or she had any hand in orchestrating the death of here ex-husband, but it has happened many times before of getting rid of an ex, by such means.

Not far-fetched by any measure.
    Coincidence. I hear they exist but never seen one in real life.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Something to think about, tactically. Blue shirt has a chance at tactical advantage before the first shot goes off. He closed the ground, however he never really got control of black shirt. His mistake was trying to bat or grab the gun. Fûck that, get a handful of shirt and pull the threat closer.

From there, if blue shirt had a push dagger or fixed blade, he can gut black shirt or attack the left kidney even without control of black shirt pretty quickly with a short blow, but it does increase the likelihood of getting shot.

c0470b47e5167b4e3a0766b84661a75b.jpg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Something to think about, tactically. Blue shirt has a chance at tactical advantage before the first shot goes off. He closed the ground, however he never really got control of black shirt. His mistake was trying to bat or grab the gun. Fûck that, get a handful of shirt and pull the threat closer.

From there, if blue shirt had a push dagger or fixed blade, he can gut black shirt or attack the left kidney even without control of black shirt pretty quickly with a short blow, but it does increase the likelihood of getting shot.

But he was too busy chest-pushing and putting his face in the other guy's in an attempt to intimidate him. Then stupidly wrestling for the gun, which was a contest he lost. Big time.

Tactically, I'd say he lost the encounter when a firearm was presented. The correct tactical decision would've been a withdrawal until the police arrived and then court action to resolve the custody issue. Him going to the ex's house, trying to be all macho and intimidate her boyfriend, and then grabbing for the weapon...those all added up to two holes in his chest.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    But he was too busy chest-pushing and putting his face in the other guy's in an attempt to intimidate him. Then stupidly wrestling for the gun, which was a contest he lost. Big time.

Tactically, I'd say he lost the encounter when a firearm was presented. The correct tactical decision would've been a withdrawal until the police arrived and then court action to resolve the custody issue. Him going to the ex's house, trying to be all macho and intimidate her boyfriend, and then grabbing for the weapon...those all added up to two holes in his chest.

In a situation like that where the guy comes out with a long gun - I'd much rather be at kissing distance than anything beyond arm length. While its not impossible to be shot with a long gun when hugging someone and tying up their arms, its a hell of a lot harder. As soon as they can get that gun off their body and do a rough body index, your chances of getting shot go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. I agree with Todd's assessment above - dead guy, had he been armed with a blade and thinking more clearly could've ended Kyle's threat to his life really damn quick.

Ego, temper over a woman playing games with your kids and your right to see them, and clouded judgement can happen to the best of men. Damn shame it got this guy killed.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

1) do not get yourself in this position
    2) If you do find yourself in this position, fight like your life depends upon it to control the direction of the muzzle.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The moment of truth. The struggle for gun flipped both around, and sent both backwards. This is basically where they landed, and Kyle fired..

KyleShoots.jpg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

In a situation like that where the guy comes out with a long gun - I'd much rather be at kissing distance than anything beyond arm length. While its not impossible to be shot with a long gun when hugging someone and tying up their arms, its a hell of a lot harder. As soon as they can get that gun off their body and do a rough body index, your chances of getting shot go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up. I agree with Todd's assessment above - dead guy, had he been armed with a blade and thinking more clearly could've ended Kyle's threat to his life really damn quick.

Ego, temper over a woman playing games with your kids and your right to see them, and clouded judgement can happen to the best of men. Damn shame it got this guy killed.
    In this moment was his safest to take black shirt down. When avoiding power of strikes you close the gap. He has a text book arm lock and hip toss but going to the ground could be unwise as he could still get shot if black shirt has good reaction time and you fail to strip the gun. Blue shirts best chance was to tie up the arm, put him on the wall, keep the gap tight, and hold out until help arrives. And at that point if he starts shooting blind and really being dangerous you’re going to have to keep that gap tight on one hip and elbow his face into hamburger.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US

and that is exactly what happened

Chad(aka dead guy) closed the distance even grabbing the gun at one point to keep it pointed away and Kyle(shooter) moved back when he could for the shot

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom