• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    IMHO the L5 is superb. The reticle is in MOA, and the reticle lines are so fine it looks like you are looking through a far more expensive scope. The adjustment knobs are stiff but precise. The owner lives in Wyoming and is a well versed long range shooter. His products get put to the test by him, and a few went to Afganistan. Actually, that is why the HD7 now has a captive cable for the adjustment caps, and a flash killer available.
    The owner worked for a much larger quality optics company, but saw that he could oversee the quality of parts, and assembly much better for his products himself. If you have a problem, you will deal with the owner directly, not some Canadian call center. These are not rebranded optics. They were specifically designed and built by Lucid.

Last edited:

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I don't own any Nightforce scopes so I cannot say. I can say that you will get a lot more than you paid for. Not having large warehouses and salesman helps keep his costs down. The first time I looked through an L5 I was very impressed. Yes, I bought the optics, they were not given to me. The L5 reticle is worth the purchase price alone. Opticsplanet has the best prices. Read their reviews, it is a "Best Rated" product with them.
    The HD7 is hard to beat for a red dot scope. Multiple reticles, and a 2000 hour battery life. It will 1/3 co-witness BUIS on an AR. Plus it just looks badass mounted on one. Not having to buy additionl mounting hardware is a plus. I recommend the 2x screw in magnifier. It gives you just enough of an edge. You will know when you need it, and just unscrew it when you don't. Having it mechanically attached to the scope, rather than a flip-away mount is a superior way to mount it.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Full disclosure, I know the owner and went to SHOT show with him.

If you have a problem, you will deal with the owner directly

Yes, I bought the optics, they were not given to me. The L5 reticle is worth the purchase price alone. Opticsplanet has the best prices.

Plus it just looks badass mounted on one.
    Thanks, I appreciate all that.

I did find the HD7 @ $30 cheaper at Amazon. (Just shopping at this point)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I heard he had problems with NF and had to change his design it looked too much like a NF. I have a thread on another site and some guys are testing supposedly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom