• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    To my fellow AK brethren on here, if you've ever considered purchasing one of these handy devices, a Butler Creek LULA AK-47 Magazine Loader/Unloader; take my advice and DO IT!
    21mF9k0f4FL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been a non-believer in these for the longest time until a fellow AK enthusiast enlightened me to their wonderfulness! So today I picked one up while over at Ft Sam and I just tried it out a few minutes ago.

Holy fricking cow, why have I been dealing with sore thumbs and scraped fingernails loading and especially unloading AK magazines all these years?!? I'm a dumbass, because for a mere $23* this thing is amazing! It's dancing banana good!
    mbpkeu.gif

Here's a video I found on U-Tube...

About the only downside is that I would recommend somehow stenciling your name on it or otherwise marking it to indicate ownership. Apparently these have a tendency to "grow legs" once others see how great they are! I put a small metal Nite Ize S-biner (another very handy item) on mine so I can secure it to my range bag. There is a small loop on one corner to do so.

Cheers! M2

* - That is the on base price, Amazon.com wants a bit more ($39.98 + shipping) but to be honest it's still well worth the money!
    ARJ Defense ad

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My friend Steve (also a member here) got me interested in the LULA loader for 9mm mags. It works great and those double stack mags have met their match with the LULA loader.

Flash

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I gave my pistol LULA away, but that's because I have mechanic's hands (way too strong, thick callouses) and loading mags all day doesn't bother me.

I unload AK mags with my pocket knife, haven't tried that on AR mags.

PocketGroove

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    DFW
    IMO, anyone presuming to have the mental toughness required to down a man with a combat rifle or machine gun should probably develop the physical toughness required to load such a weapon.

ymmv

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, once I completed my 25 years of service in uniform, I stopped trying to "prove" my toughness a long time ago, mental or otherwise. That's a young mugs' game, not for old guys like me.

Besides, as we used to say about the Army, any fool can suffer!

Those with active brain cells will clearly see this is an efficiency device, something to make more effective use of our time. Those laggards who are against such advancing technologies never have a good reason for not wanting to accept such items, just excuses. They are so narrow-minded as to nay-say such items without even trying them; but here's a tip for them...an AK magazine loaded using the LULA will kill something/anything just as well as one that was loaded by hand!

The only difference is that it will have been loaded faster and easier.

Why anyone would reject such an advantage is beyond me!

But as John Wayne once said, life's tough...

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Well, once I completed my 25 years of service in uniform, I stopped trying to "prove" my toughness a long time ago, mental or otherwise. That's a young mugs' game, not for old guys like me.

Besides, as we used to say about the Army, any fool can suffer!

Those with active brain cells will clearly see this is an efficiency device, something to make more effective use of our time. Those laggards who are against such advancing technologies never have a good reason for not wanting to accept such items, just excuses. They are so narrow-minded as to nay-say such items without even trying them; but here's a tip for them...an AK magazine loaded using the LULA will kill something/anything just as well as one that was loaded by hand!

The only difference is that it will have been loaded faster and easier.

Why anyone would reject such an advantage is beyond me!

But as John Wayne once said, life's tough...

To each his own , Like I said I have no problems loading mags by hand.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Try going to a carbine class. If you value knowledge, you soak up every little bit you can get when you have a good instructor. Why waste lots of time loading mags, when you can have it done in seconds and spend that time talking to and listening to the instructor? It makes a difference, trust me. When you're going through 1,000+rds in a day, loading gets real old and your efforts are best spent elsewhere. Sometimes it's good to do things the manual way. Sometimes it also pays to work smart and not hard. ;)

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Never found loading AK mags that difficult, but the speed of loading would make it attractive. In a training class (or a SHTF scenario) a quick reload would be an asset.

Top Bottom