• ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    satx,
    You make a very good point about the role the conservative RC church plays in the life of a lot of Hispanics.
    I was thinking the other day (always a dangerous thing for me), about the number of south American countries that have experienced “right wing” death squads in their history. With focus on the word “RIGHT” wing (not so much the ‘death squad’ part!). Anyway, point being, that at least some percentage of the Hispanic community is open and receptive to more conservative approaches to life. And Lord knows, generally and collectively they can be {are} hard workers. I say all this with regard to the observation, there is absolutely no reason for the GOP (especially in Texas) to loose ground to Dems in gaining support from this particular demographic as we go into the future. (Assuming the GOP will be “inclusive” enough and can get the message across).

While Hispanics may fall on the ideological “conservative scale” concerning things like home/family, religion, abortion issues, etc., they will definitely need a change in mindset concerning “the Right to bare arms” (and perhaps other BORs as well).
    Texas SOT

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider; All,

Just last night on PBS a political science prof (who stated that he was a "Progressive Democrat") from The University of MI (Sorry, I didn't catch/write down his name) stated, "Should Donald Trump manage to get the A-A vote up to 22-24% GOP by 2020, the Democrats are FINISHED as a major national party, given the ongoing 'civil war' between the Progressive & Moderate to Conservative wings of our party."

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone does/does not do in the privacy of their own bedroom/home, UNLESS they victimize minors.

Lupe's main problem is that she's a LIB/LEFTIST DIMocRAT, imo.

yours, satx

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    According to the Houston Chronicle, the former Dallas County sheriff owes money on seven properties in two counties.

Lupe Valdez, who just this week secured the Democratic nomination for Texas governor, owes more than $12,000 in overdue property taxes from 2017, the Houston Chronicle reported Thursday.

Valdez, the former Dallas County sheriff, owes money on seven properties in two counties, according to the Chronicle. The paper also reported that she has several omissions on an official financial-disclosure report, which fails to list a Dallas property that she owns and gives incorrect names for two companies.

Valdez’s campaign told the Chronicle that she is paying the taxes off in installments and has “an agreement with the counties” to pay off the money owed “in the coming months.” Valdez has reportedly been paying off the taxes with incremental monthly payments ranging from $100 to $500.

More at:
    https://www.texastribune.org/2018/0...tic-nominee-governor-owes-12000-property-tax/

Is this really the best the dimocrats can do for a candidate? I can't believe she won her primary. I suppose I should be grateful, but still..........

I am glad they reminded her as it reminds people of what democrats stand for.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy,

Personally, I couldn't care less what anyone does/does not do in the privacy of their own bedroom/home, UNLESS they victimize minors.

Lupe's main problem is that she's a LIB/LEFTIST DIMocRAT, imo.

yours, satx
    I am a live and let live, but when you think you need to publicly advertise your sexual preferences you got a problem!

Top Bottom