Venture Surplus ad

M+M M10X Rifle 7.62x39mm Hybrid (Thoughts, likes, dislikes & experience)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Great.

I was really referring more to the design than the appearance.
    Supposedly this rifle only has about 45 individual parts compared to about 80 on an AK and about 90 on an AR. Sounds very simplistic in design, which would probably make cleaning a snap.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Supposedly this rifle only has about 45 individual parts compared to about 80 on an AK and about 90 on an AR. Sounds very simplistic in design, which would probably make cleaning a snap.
    And full assembly of the piston/gas tube assembly looks very easy as well, unlike some semi's.

viking_in_tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    I tried to look up this mod, but couldn't find anything about it. Was there an issue with yours?

There was some wobble between the steel inner and aluminum outer. It’s a common issue, “they say” because of a batch of out of spec aluminum outers...
    Call their customer service and either have them describe it, or send it back to them to do it. I think it tightened up my groups a little bit. Also, point of impact doesn’t vary as wildly between different ammo any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Somebody is making up facts, there is no way there are 80 parts on an AK...

main-qimg-e3f188736e4134e02a6a15b6deba9fe9-c.jpg

Attachments

• main-qimg-e3f188736e4134e02a6a15b6deba9fe9-c.jpg
      main-qimg-e3f188736e4134e02a6a15b6deba9fe9-c.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 1,708

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Somebody is making up facts, there is no way there are 80 parts on an AK...

View attachment 188870
    I can't attest to that claim myself, but I had read it in a few articles. While the others said 45 pieces for the M+M M10x, this articles (and it would probably take me longer to find the others) this article says 49, but their claim is the same for AK's and AR's:

"The M10X semi-automatic rifle is built around two receivers, held together by a front passing pin and a rear latch, blending the AKM and AR-15 field-stripping procedures but doing without the elements of the parent platforms that are seen by some as inherent weaknesses (eg. the AK’s sheet metal top cover). All this, without declining into an overly complicated design: as a matter of fact, the M10X has only 49 components, basically the same as a STEN gun and a long way from the eighty parts of an AK and the over 100 components of an AR-15."
    https://www.gunsweek.com/en/rifles/articles/mm-industries-m10x-international-defense-rifle

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Cmmg Mutant
    Sig 556 R Russian

My choices

This one looks interesting.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Tao

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Austin (FINALLY!)
    I’ve had mine for a while as well. I like it a lot. I had the set screw mod done, to cinch the inner steel receiver better to the outer extrusion.

For anyone with an M10X, this is simply tightening the set screw on the bottom of the upper (right in front of the hinge point) to 50 in/lbs. Once we started doing it to that spec, we stopped hearing about any aberrant accuracy issues.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    For anyone with an M10X, this is simply tightening the set screw on the bottom of the upper (right in front of the hinge point) to 50 in/lbs. Once we started doing it to that spec, we stopped hearing about any aberrant accuracy issues.
    Are you an M+M rep?

tshan17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2021
    Arizona
    Glad to hear it. I love mine too.

You're still in Odessa? I'll be down in Lemesa for a hog hunt. If you can swing by, we can shoot the shit and I'm sure I'll have a bunch of M+M giveaway swag with me.

rMEKmcnh.jpg
    Tao, what make of can are you using on your M10X in this pic? How do you like it and what is the decibel reduction?

Top Bottom