• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I have the M&P 9mm. It shoots great and follow up shots are very easy. If I had more experience when I purchased it, I may have even opted for the 40 or 45 because the M&P is so easy to shoot and handle...I can even handle the 9 with my weak hand and do OK.
    DK Firearms

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I have heard that they don't do well in IDPA due to reliability problems.

Anecdotal, but it is interesting to see what is being used in IDPA matches where a failure will zap your standings.

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    I do know that the DEA has just put it on there approved carry list. The M&P held up well under their testing of it.

I think that it is well suited for the smaller hand/stature person.

I PROMISE the .9mm, with 17+1 ( Full Size Frame )capacity and some GOOD defensive rounds in it, won't no one call your .9mm STUPID !

:) hahaha thats right!

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    the compact is just a little too small for me.. i dont like the smaller guns...

Ms. Big,
    Try out the Kel Tec PF-9. If you have small hands then you will like it. The finish is rough, but at the price under $300. you can't beat it. If you get in a shooting the cops are going to confiscate it. At that price you can buy two. One as a back up. I took a Dremel and sanded all the mold flashings off and installed a Hogue Handall on it. It took a lot of the felt recoil out and made it comfortable to shoot.

thanks.. i looked online and it seems like a good gun, and i like cheap lol =) im gonna see how i like it maybe tonight. thanks!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    what is IDPA?

and what kind of reliability problems....?
    International
    Defence
    Pistol
    Association I think this is what IDPA stands for but I'm not sure.
    And yes SC what kind of problems? APD is now saying that the M&P .40 is now the only weapon their officers can carry from what I hear from an officer. I might be wrong and he could be wrong tho.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    most people will tell you a kel tec is a sub-quality gun maker. they specialized in really small pocket guns that have a six or seven round magazine.

i own a 380, and it runs fine. it just isn't going to last forever. the manual says something like a life of six thousand shots in the gun's expected lifetime. This is for the .380, not the p9.

i just wouldn't expect the gun to last forever if you fired several hundred rounds a month through it.

if you hardly ever shoot, then this probably isn't a problem and it will last many years. if your like me and could easily put 2-3k rounds in a gun a year, would be worth it to get a gun that is going to last longer.

besides that, kel tec makes some very concealable handguns. some true pocket pistols. i would like toown a pf-9, especially since .380 auto is so expensive and hard to find.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    i don't think it is a true one

IMGP4687ModS.jpg

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    mine is polymer, and that one looks the same. it does have a slide lock, which mine doesn't (same as LCP).

if the trigger pull is anything like mine it is LOOOOOONG, but i'm ok with it.

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    The PF-9 is about the same size as my Walther PPK/S in .380. It holds 7+1. The long pull is the safety feature since there is no other safety. It has a polymer grip and frame. I put a Hougue Handall rubber grip sleeve on it. I like it as it is only .77" thick. I put in a Nemis pocket holster by DeSantis an put in either front or rear pant pockets. In the hot part of summer I carry my Kel Tec P3AT in a Nemis holster also. Check out KTOG BB ( Kel Tec Owners Group ). This will give you much valuable info and answer some of your questions. Oh by the way I'm 5'7 and weigh 190lbs. So if I can carry it in my pocket many can.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    i can't do the looooooong trigger pull, i hate it. drives me nuts.

That's why I don't like the Ruger LCP. The tip of my trigger finger contacts the base of my thumb before it fires. Really awkward. And the .380 LCP is a snappy little piece too. You better have a good grip on it when it goes off. The larger M&P is much easier to control and shoot well.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom