• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I have a kel tec p11 9mm that I don't care for much but it is small and does not like any hollow point round I've tried to feed it, jams almost every mag, not reliable in my book. Have not tried my Hornady CRitical defense ammo yet.
    Texas SOT

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    There must be a hundred gun forum threads debating the pros and cons of the 9mm and how it compares to other loads. It's been around a long time and will be with us for a long time for good reason.
    I have three MP's, a MP 9c, a MP 40 caliber, and a MP 9 Pro. I also have a CZ 75B which I love but my absolute favorite range pistol is my MP 9 Pro. S & W, M P's are dependable, accurate and ergonomically perfect (to me), all with a lifetime, no BS warranty. I love my MP's!!!!

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    International
    Defence
    Pistol
    Association I think this is what IDPA stands for but I'm not sure.
    And yes SC what kind of problems? APD is now saying that the M&P .40 is now the only weapon their officers can carry from what I hear from an officer. I might be wrong and he could be wrong tho.

The guys who were using M&Ps at my range had reliability issues and have stopped using them.

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    Here's the thing, you can pick any brand of anything, and I can find someone who's had a problem with it. Glocks, Colts, S&W, Nighthawk, Wilson, whatever. Buy a namebrand pistol, and then SHOOT IT. Put 1000 rounds through it. If it still works, then hey! you've got a pistol that works. If something breaks, send it back to get it fixed.

People always want to talk about guns, shooting, this position or that postition. They never want to shoot. Buy a friggin gun, and then shoot it. Prove me wrong, prove someone else wrong.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Here's the thing, you can pick any brand of anything, and I can find someone who's had a problem with it. Glocks, Colts, S&W, Nighthawk, Wilson, whatever. Buy a namebrand pistol, and then SHOOT IT. Put 1000 rounds through it. If it still works, then hey! you've got a pistol that works. If something breaks, send it back to get it fixed.

People always want to talk about guns, shooting, this position or that postition. They never want to shoot. Buy a friggin gun, and then shoot it. Prove me wrong, prove someone else wrong.

I never thought I would say it Monty, but right on! I am just glad you didnt put Kimber up there, no problems ever with them! You are right, I dont care what brand you buy, someone somewhere is going to have a problem with it. Its called production. Shoot the gun already! If you have problems with it, get it fixed or trade it off. Most people dont shoot enough to know whether or not their gun is good or not.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    And you're right mate the only way to know that you have a reliable pistol is to go shoot it yourself. I just got that XD and I have an armed site this Saturday that I will still be carrying my old gun to because it hasn't had the chance to prove itself to me at the range yet. But I wish I could I love the feel of that gun!

Indy5000

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    I have a M&P 9c. I have put at least 3000 rounds through it this year including two defensive handgun courses and 5 or 6 IDPA matches. I have not had any problems other then a couple of ammo induced failure to feeds and failure to return to battery. This was in the first couple of hundred rounds with a mix of the cheapest ammo I could find at the time. It has never had a problem with my choosen carry load of Federal Tactical Bonded 9mm , 124 Grain Hollow Points. I was convinced to buy the M&P after following the M&P Torture Test on [URL="http://www.pistol-training.com"]www.pistol-training.com[/URL]. The week 31 results are here: [URL]http://pistol-training.com/archives/985[/URL] and links to all the other weeks are at the bottom of that page. In summary, the gun fired 62,333 rounds beginning on 22-Apr-08 and ending on 5-Dec-08, a total of 228 days, or 273.4 rounds per day. 104 total range trips, for 559.4 rounds per range day.
    344 total hours on the range, for 181.2 rounds per hour. It finally cracked a slide but still functioned after that was discovered.

I love mine and it will soon have a full size brother to complete the pair. The other benefit is if you want to use Crimson Trace Laser Grips they have a very elegant solution. [URL]http://www.shooters-resource.com/SW/LG-660.html. They replace the factory back strap with the Crimson Trace unit. Very nice!!![/URL]

Hope this helps.

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    And you're right mate the only way to know that you have a reliable pistol is to go shoot it yourself. I just got that XD and I have an armed site this Saturday that I will still be carrying my old gun to because it hasn't had the chance to prove itself to me at the range yet. But I wish I could I love the feel of that gun!

Exactly! I just bought a new AR15 - an LWRCi. They're supposed to be really good rifles (why I bought it). But if it came down to it, I would pick my Daniel Defense that looks like it's been drug behind a truck on a gravel road because it's been tested, and I found it works. The LWRCi will have it's turn, but right now I dont trust it. Odds are that it will work, but I dont know for certain.

When I bought my M&P Pro, I didnt carry it until I had put some rounds through it to make sure it worked. It's only got about 3-400 rounds through it right now, which isnt near what I would like, but I dont have as much ammo or time anymore.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Exactly!................But if it came down to it, I would pick my Daniel Defense that looks like it's been drug behind a truck on a gravel road because it's been tested, and I found it works. The LWRCi will have it's turn, but right now I dont trust it. ....................
    That's why my good ole CZ was at my side for possibly the last time for a while. I would have carried it had it been threw at the very least a full mag of rapid fire duty rounds, but no proof of reliability no trust with my life.

Top Bottom