M&P Shield 9mm - First Handgun Ever Purchased

DarkGreenMarine

Dec 20, 2013
Groesbeck, TX
I wanted to share my experiences with this little gadget, as I like to call it.
I haven't fired it yet, I am a firm believer that a man should know his weapon intimately before firing. I just got it yesterday afternoon and haven't had the opportunity yet. This has given me time to review the manual and practice breaking her down.

I am so proud of my purchase (Cabelas really made me & my 10 yo son feel at ease, especially when I gave him a short period of instruction on muzzle awareness and trigger safety right there at the counter :) that I wanted to share the first two pics I have of her.

I will definitely post more after firing! :twin:

Attachments

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
Welcome to the board and great choice.

As far as it being comfortable to shoot at the range? Not an issue for me, I notice no bite/sting. My LCP was harder on my hand than the Shield.

It's a great gun. Also good choice going with 9mm.

Is this a carry gun? What ammo you going to use?

Easy CZ

Dec 17, 2013
Oklahoma, aka North Texas
I bought a Shield for my wife for her birthday. It is her first CC gun and she loves it. I was hoping she'd hate it and I'd have to take it off her hands. ;)

Congrats on your first handgun.

SR9TEX

Sep 23, 2013
Sweet, you will enjoy shotting it! Mine has less felt recoil then most 9mm's i've shot.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
I just picked mine up Friday morning. Field stripped it, cleaned and lubed it. Going to be a week or so before I get to the range, but meanwhile, lots of dry fire going on with it. I have a set of Talon grips on the way too. Now, if my holsters would just get here.

rgwalt

Jan 27, 2013
Houston Heights
I have had one since July, and I really love it. Nice little pistol. I had the APEX Duty/Carry Action kit installed a few months ago, and just today I had the APEX aluminum action enhancement trigger put in. Haven't had a chance to shoot it with the new trigger, but I've dry fired it a bunch and I will say that the APEX gear makes a big difference in the trigger feel and weight.

Top Bottom