• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    I wanted to share my experiences with this little gadget, as I like to call it.
    I haven't fired it yet, I am a firm believer that a man should know his weapon intimately before firing. I just got it yesterday afternoon and haven't had the opportunity yet. This has given me time to review the manual and practice breaking her down.

I am so proud of my purchase (Cabelas really made me & my 10 yo son feel at ease, especially when I gave him a short period of instruction on muzzle awareness and trigger safety right there at the counter :) that I wanted to share the first two pics I have of her.

I will definitely post more after firing! :twin:
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• GosmsPhoto1388329962906.jpg
      GosmsPhoto1388329962906.jpg
      41.6 KB · Views: 181
    • GosmsPhoto1388279897932.jpg
      GosmsPhoto1388279897932.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 183

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the board and great choice.

As far as it being comfortable to shoot at the range? Not an issue for me, I notice no bite/sting. My LCP was harder on my hand than the Shield.

It's a great gun. Also good choice going with 9mm.

Is this a carry gun? What ammo you going to use?

Easy CZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    Oklahoma, aka North Texas
    I bought a Shield for my wife for her birthday. It is her first CC gun and she loves it. I was hoping she'd hate it and I'd have to take it off her hands. ;)

Congrats on your first handgun.

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Sweet, you will enjoy shotting it! Mine has less felt recoil then most 9mm's i've shot.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    You will be very happy when you shoot it. I don't have one, but I've shot one and it's a nice gun. Congrats!

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I just picked mine up Friday morning. Field stripped it, cleaned and lubed it. Going to be a week or so before I get to the range, but meanwhile, lots of dry fire going on with it. I have a set of Talon grips on the way too. Now, if my holsters would just get here.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    I have had one since July, and I really love it. Nice little pistol. I had the APEX Duty/Carry Action kit installed a few months ago, and just today I had the APEX aluminum action enhancement trigger put in. Haven't had a chance to shoot it with the new trigger, but I've dry fired it a bunch and I will say that the APEX gear makes a big difference in the trigger feel and weight.

DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    Spent a little while yesterday firing my new gadget and I have to say, it is very enjoyable to shoot. Very little recoile and and virtually no trigger anxiety. My son did get a video of my first time shooting it, but honestly I'm a bit embarrased to put it on YT or FB, I've seen Hollywood production type vidz out there....maybe I can get a GoPro.

In any case, when I got home I broke her down to clean and lubricate. I plan to get into the habit of doing so after each use.
    20131229_203136.jpg 20131229_202957.jpg

Attachments

• 20131229_170015.jpg
      20131229_170015.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 106

DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    Welcome to the board and great choice.

As far as it being comfortable to shoot at the range? Not an issue for me, I notice no bite/sting. My LCP was harder on my hand than the Shield.

It's a great gun. Also good choice going with 9mm.

Is this a carry gun? What ammo you going to use?

I agree, I was very comfortable with it. I am using Herter's 115gr 9mm ammo. Cabelas had it for about $13 for a 50 cart box.
    I am very VERY happy with this purchase! It's not a carry gun at this point. Really just wanted to own a pistol, as simple as that may sound, for nothing more than plinkin'.

However I do have it close by at all times ;-)

Last edited:

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    Nice gun, I have one. Just practice shooting it with and without the safety engaged. Murphy's law. Just when you don't think the safety is on, it might be on and when you think it's on, it might not be.

Train both ways with it. It's a great gun.

DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    Nice gun, I have one. Just practice shooting it with and without the safety engaged. Murphy's law. Just when you don't think the safety is on, it might be on and when you think it's on, it might not be.

Train both ways with it. It's a great gun.

Good idea. I have been researching holsters for this exact purpose for almost as long, maybe longer at this point than the weapon itself.
    I've decided on the Blackhawk paddle, Amazon has them for about $25 (ten bucks cheaper than Cabelas).

Amazon.com: BLACKHAWK! Serpa CQC Gun Metal Grey Sportster Holster: Sports & Outdoors

DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    What do you mean by this?

He means become familiar with your weapon so the following dosent happen....

Durring my first shoot I drew the weapon and was ready to fire, but it was on saftey. I quickly fliped it off with no problem and proceeded to fire.

I look forward to spending time practicing with her so these sorts of mishaps won't happen when time is of the essence.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    He means become familiar with your weapon so the following dosent happen....

Durring my first shoot I drew the weapon and was ready to fire, but it was on saftey. I quickly fliped it off with no problem and proceeded to fire.

I look forward to spending time practicing with her so these sorts of mishaps won't happen when time is of the essence.

How is that a mishap?

If you practice sweeping the safety off every time and plan for it to be on you will do the motion needed regardless. If the safety happens to be off the motion won't hurt anything.

DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    How is that a mishap?

If you practice sweeping the safety off every time and plan for it to be on you will do the motion needed regardless. If the safety happens to be off the motion won't hurt anything.

It wasn't a mishap at the time, but I do want to continue to practice so it won't become one when seconds count.

Top Bottom