• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    Anyone know of a good M&P gunsmith in the area? I want someone who really knows THIS pistol.
    I could send it to someone who specializes in this pistol, but he's in Pa, and shipping would cost a bunch, not to mention the wait time to get an appointment with him.

Any references????
    Target Sports

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    I put the apex sear and usb in mine its not hard. Not as easy as a glock but pretty easy. Improved the trigger greatly. Even more so in my 45

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Thats all pretty easy. The front site sits pretty tight in the gun you can have that done locally. The apex kit is easier than it looks. Threaded barrel is drop in and the mag extension is simple also. Randy from apex has great youtube videos on how to install the kit.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Sights and the apex hard sear and apex usb and she would be fine. If you plan on suppressing it get a barrel. All of it is very easy to do.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    What are you looking to do.

Possibly some DP sights, and definitely some trigger work. I'd like the trigger to be smoother and I'd like a shorter reset.
    Yeah, I know it's supposed to be easy, but I'd just assume pay an expert to do it. Dan Burwell is highly recognized as a premier M&P smith, but it's many months of wait time just to get an appointment to send him your pistol. That's why I was looking for someone local.

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    thats who i figured you were trying to go to was burwell. you can do both of these locally any gunsmith can do it since you dont want to.

Yeah, but does "any local gunsmith" really know what to do with this pistol? I mean, it's not a 1911. On Burwell's site, he shows the things he does. No new parts, he smooths out the existing stuff, as I understand it.

So far, I haven't seen any references to an experienced M&P smith. Anybody???????????????

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    did you ask him if he knew any local m&p smiths? or did you just specifically ask him to work on it. sometimes, they will refer you to someone they know who can do the work you ask.

Good idea, thanks. I'll contact him again.

My son in Denver just had the DCAEK kit installed in his M&P and can't stop talking about it. He was lucky enough to have a local guy who had done the job many times before, only charged him $25. That's all I'm really looking for, someone who has done it before and won't screw up my pistol. I just need the Apex DCAEK kit installed properly. I know there has to be somebody qualified in SA.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom