• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT Dave

Very Tired
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Kyle, TX
    If I remember correctly, Classic Firearms got a batch of these about 3-4 months ago and charged $1600-2000 each. Doesn't seem so long ago when they were $600.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    If I remember correctly, Classic Firearms got a batch of these about 3-4 months ago and charged $1600-2000 each. Doesn't seem so long ago when they were $600.

I remember when WALGREENS in downtown Houston was selling them for $189.99.
    B912F7E1-CC71-440F-A71B-C6581C1F2D24.gif

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

IF Midway has bought ALL the EX-CARBINIERI M1 Carbines, they may be reasonable in price. = An old friend from Italy told me once that their CENTRAL CARBINIERI ARMORY was FULL of cases of carbines, that were "transferred" to the Italian Armed forces after WWII & thereafter given to the civil police..
    (I would think that THOUSANDS of M1 Carbines sold on the US market would drop carbine prices to a more reasonable level.)

As I paid about 100 bucks for an arsenal rebuilt & "mint" ROCKOLA Carbine in 2010, I simply cannot see the current prices being "normal".
    (I gave my carbine to a family member, who wanted it BAD about 2012-13.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    They are cool little plinkers but not more than a $500 plinker.

Lonesome Dove,

The ONLY US Carbine that i really want is a JOHNSON CONVERSION in .22 SPITFIRE.
    (IF I can find a suitable US-made M1 Carbine RECEIVER, I will build myself a replica with folding stock, as I have found a set of .22 SPITFIRE reloading dies. = FYI, MOST of Melvin Johnson's "creations" are NOT "JOHNSON MARKED"; instead, they are just ASSEMBLED from available parts & the few "Johnson specific" parts.)

FWIW, there are at least 3 makers of folding M1/M2 stocks that LOOK 100% ORIGINAL but are "new made".

yours, satx

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hoji,

IF Midway has bought ALL the EX-CARBINIERI M1 Carbines, they may be reasonable in price. = An old friend from Italy told me once that their CENTRAL CARBINIERI ARMORY was FULL of cases of carbines, that were "transferred" to the Italian Armed forces after WWII & thereafter given to the civil police..
    (I would think that THOUSANDS of M1 Carbines sold on the US market would drop carbine prices to a more reasonable level.)

As I paid about 100 bucks for an arsenal rebuilt & "mint" ROCKOLA Carbine in 2010, I simply cannot see the current prices being "normal".
    (I gave my carbine to a family member, who wanted it BAD about 2012-13.)

yours, satx

$100 for an M1 Carbine in 2010? Really? I'll bet you $100 bill that an M1 carbine hasn't been sold for $100 in the last fifty years!

Prove me wrong. Just another one of your tall tales again.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Royal Tiger is selling them at over $1K I think, so I’m guessing these will be at least that. They could probably price them at $1500 and sell out quick. I would love a Rock-Ola, but I already know they’re gonna be overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its a damn shame really. Wish I was around when these were affordable. 1500 for a plinker is about 1000 too much for me

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    $100 for an M1 Carbine in 2010? Really? I'll bet you $100 bill that an M1 carbine hasn't been sold for $100 in the last fifty years!

Prove me wrong. Just another one of your tall tales again.

So.....are you are asking him to produce a...........BOS? lol....

Top Bottom